30's Daily - 6/1

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to June!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Seriously, where has the time gone!?
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Where did the last week go?! Can't believe it's June already - had a really busy and stressful week, but off on my holidays tomorrow - assume "radio silence": no Wifi, very little phone signal - a week of peace, just what I need!!

After paying for the accommodation though, we don't have a lot to spare - so our days will be filled with "free" activites like football or cricket on the beach, bike rides and long walks. Should keep everyone happy, and good for the weight loss campaign! Whether the food will be remains to be seen, but as it's self-catering, I have no excuse, really!!

Have a good week everyone! I'll check in when I get back.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Where did the last week go?! Can't believe it's June already - had a really busy and stressful week, but off on my holidays tomorrow - assume "radio silence": no Wifi, very little phone signal - a week of peace, just what I need!!

After paying for the accommodation though, we don't have a lot to spare - so our days will be filled with "free" activites like football or cricket on the beach, bike rides and long walks. Should keep everyone happy, and good for the weight loss campaign! Whether the food will be remains to be seen, but as it's self-catering, I have no excuse, really!!

Have a good week everyone! I'll check in when I get back.

Sounds lovely, my better half and I are off to the Peak District next week for a few days. I only hope work will leave me in peace!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been doing pretty well lately. Small losses each week and I'm absolutely getting stronger, which makes me really happy. I worked from home today, which is always nice. Between reading files, I used my ballet dvd (which makes me miss ballet every time) and used my free weights at the computer. Doubly productive!

I got some unexpected news tonight. My dad has a small tumor on his left kidney that needs to be removed. The doctors are pretty sure it's benign, but they'd rather remove it before it gets any bigger. On top of that, the surgery is happening in the same hospital my mom passed away in. He has to spend the night there. Just one night, but I thnk it's going to be really hard for him. I can only hope they have him on enough painkillers to help him get some rest.

I'm absolutelly worried. I don't have the same fear I had as when I found out about my mom's final surgery, but still. Settling in for the night with a bottle of wine. If I wasn't sore from this morning/afternoon workout I would just go to the gym, so wine will have to do. I'll hit up the gym again in the morning.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been doing pretty well lately. Small losses each week and I'm absolutely getting stronger, which makes me really happy. I worked from home today, which is always nice. Between reading files, I used my ballet dvd (which makes me miss ballet every time) and used my free weights at the computer. Doubly productive!

I got some unexpected news tonight. My dad has a small tumor on his left kidney that needs to be removed. The doctors are pretty sure it's benign, but they'd rather remove it before it gets any bigger. On top of that, the surgery is happening in the same hospital my mom passed away in. He has to spend the night there. Just one night, but I thnk it's going to be really hard for him. I can only hope they have him on enough painkillers to help him get some rest.

I'm absolutelly worried. I don't have the same fear I had as when I found out about my mom's final surgery, but still. Settling in for the night with a bottle of wine. If I wasn't sore from this morning/afternoon workout I would just go to the gym, so wine will have to do. I'll hit up the gym again in the morning.

Sorry to read your sad news. My fiance recently had a lump removed from her womb which turned out to be harmless. Didn't make it any less stressful for her and left me feeling pretty useless. What more can you do that keep reasuring that person while trying not to look like you're worried.
    The strength thing is something i've noticed and it's been a pleasure to get used to it. I used to look at hills and my bike and think no chance. Now i look and think well lets just see and it's fine and i'm left surprised but elated. Keep up the good work and fingers crossed at this end for your Dad.
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Sorry to read your sad news. My fiance recently had a lump removed from her womb which turned out to be harmless. Didn't make it any less stressful for her and left me feeling pretty useless. What more can you do that keep reasuring that person while trying not to look like you're worried.
    The strength thing is something i've noticed and it's been a pleasure to get used to it. I used to look at hills and my bike and think no chance. Now i look and think well lets just see and it's fine and i'm left surprised but elated. Keep up the good work and fingers crossed at this end for your Dad.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear your fiance is okay! I'm pretty sure my dad will be okay as well, but surgery is scary no matter what. I just need to stay positive and just support him through the process. I'll spend as much time in the hospital with him as humanly possible. It's just hard because he wants to be with my mom. I already told him not to get any ideas because I still need him here with me.