How do our bodies move?

Options
I have my Kinesiology B.S. and am trying to use my education to help me lose weight now. I know a lot and I have a lot to share if anyone needs answers to their questions about their body and how it works while it's moving

Replies

• pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I hate doing sit ups and crunches. What are the best core exercises?
  • DanRyan44
    DanRyan44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How important is strength training to weight loss? I have yoyo'd for probably 15+ years. I know what works to lose but maintaining is a complely different story...
  • RunDaytonaMc
    RunDaytonaMc Posts: 369
    Options
    Currently pursuing my Sports and Exercise Science BS and have learned a little bit so far that I would love to share. I have also lost 75 pounds over the past 3 years and have learned a lot from that experience so I will help where I am able.
  • Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Can you post about the different energy path ways and how to trigger them :)
  • Snookie2u
    Snookie2u Posts: 10
    Options
    I have read up on kinesiology and realize its potential use for so many things and never thought about this! Great idea, share on! would love to hear your thoughts
  • JessieRichelle
    JessieRichelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! Taking care of our bodies is pure science, and it's something I'd love to learn more about!
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey all...I'm a sport psych consultant with an M.S. in Exercise Science concentration in sport and exercise psych and almost finished with my PhD...I can answer some of your questions, but you'll have to give me two weeks, I have a Doc Qual exam soon and need to be studying for that...BUT I love sharing knowledge :)
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump because there seems to be a site problem when trying to join group.
  • RunDaytonaMc
    RunDaytonaMc Posts: 369
    Options
    how is everyone
  • synapse74
    synapse74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @PKFRANKEL: Try Planks or cable rotations- with the carriage set at midsection, low (like a golf swing) and high (wood chopper). You can hold your arms against you with a 90 degree bend at the elbow (easier, shorter lever length) or straight out (tougher, longer lever length).

I also try and "write" the alphabet doing leg lifts.

Cheers