Herbalife newbie!

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response!

I think this is so scary for me because I now have the myfitnesspal-mindset and must eat them back...

I eat an average of 104g per day. My goal is 99.
  • volleymom14
    volleymom14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could always wait until you have entered all your calories for the day before you put in what you burned for a workout if that helps :-)
  • MamaLeague
    Options
    I plan a day or two in advance, so I always enter my workouts late.

I'll adjust!
  • AteeqAkim
    AteeqAkim Posts: 3
    Options
    i lost 2lbs in 3days of consuming herbalife. people, i advise u guys to be patient in losing your weight... dont force it. u've been eating crap and junk foods for the past 10-20 years, u cant expect u can get rid off all the crap in one week.. be patient. just follow the plan and commit to it wholeheartedly. BEING CONSISTENT IS THE KEY!
  • Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i lost 2lbs in 3days of consuming herbalife. people, i advise u guys to be patient in losing your weight... dont force it. u've been eating crap and junk foods for the past 10-20 years, u cant expect u can get rid off all the crap in one week.. be patient. just follow the plan and commit to it wholeheartedly. BEING CONSISTENT IS THE KEY!

Very well said.
  • MamaLeague
    Options

Very well said.

My issue was that I've been eating reasonably well for about two years. I've been on MFP for quite some time.

No worries, the scale is moving :)
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    New to Herbalife after going to a local center for their yummy shakes. I started ordering from a website where I get free 2 day shipping and some nice discounts. I am trying to decide to become a distributor with the additional discounts available.

A couple of questions I have, how many calories do you end up eating in a day to lose? I started last Friday and have lost 1 lb so far. I want to lose 20 lbs. I exercise on a regular basis too. The meal replacement shakes are good. I add additional protein sometimes. I also take the multi-vitamin, snack defense, total control and sometimes the Prolessa. Anything else I am missing out there? I have a big family vacation next month so would love to lose 10 lbs by then but shall see.

What does your typical menu look like?

Thx,
    Dawn
  • Marne53
    Options
    New to Herbalife after going to a local center for their yummy shakes. I started ordering from a website where I get free 2 day shipping and some nice discounts. I am trying to decide to become a distributor with the additional discounts available.

A couple of questions I have, how many calories do you end up eating in a day to lose? I started last Friday and have lost 1 lb so far. I want to lose 20 lbs. I exercise on a regular basis too. The meal replacement shakes are good. I add additional protein sometimes. I also take the multi-vitamin, snack defense, total control and sometimes the Prolessa. Anything else I am missing out there? I have a big family vacation next month so would love to lose 10 lbs by then but shall see.

What does your typical menu look like?

Thx,
    Dawn

Hi Dawn, I'm so happy for you and your weight loss. Your calorie intake is going to be decided by how tall you are and what you weigh now. You can figure that out by entering your info. on your profile. The food log will then tell you what you need daily. You will need more protein on the Herlife life style. I would love to have you join our support group. We have a Challenge area and many topics on Herbalife. I will send you an invite as my friend and another for the group. Then check you private mail to get other info. If you ever have questions we are all here. Marne :flowerforyou:
  • wiseamor
    wiseamor Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

I am Started herbalife today. I have done it last year and have lost 20 pound. Then i get lazy and gained 11 of it back in a year. I have started back on it today. Im just looking for a group to help me on my way. I need to lose 40 to 50 pounds. I have been just doin to shakes. I have founded in the past that I can it real food as snack in between the shakes. I try to eat every 3 hours so that my body will not go into strave mode. I love the progressive lite soups. with like 5 crackers or a tuna salad with 5 crackers. which made right is not more then 200 calories. I was just worried that I'm not doing the program right. Can anyone help me out. in what i should be doing.
  • jennifergarceau
    jennifergarceau Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First week of the meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch and I am down 1.6. I am hoping next week will be better as I did not follow the plan at all on Sunday. And only 1 shake on Saturday.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

I am Started herbalife today. I have done it last year and have lost 20 pound. Then i get lazy and gained 11 of it back in a year. I have started back on it today. Im just looking for a group to help me on my way. I need to lose 40 to 50 pounds. I have been just doin to shakes. I have founded in the past that I can it real food as snack in between the shakes. I try to eat every 3 hours so that my body will not go into strave mode. I love the progressive lite soups. with like 5 crackers or a tuna salad with 5 crackers. which made right is not more then 200 calories. I was just worried that I'm not doing the program right. Can anyone help me out. in what i should be doing.

I've only been using Herbalife since March 10 and have lost 47 lbs. I have A LOT to lose, though. I can't eat any processed carbs like crackers or even many whole grains with the exception of a few. I found that they don't do well with my body. I eat protein snacks like low-fat string cheese, some low-fat beef jerky and even low-fat cottage cheese. I also eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Eating every three hours is great!!! Make sure you're drinking lots of water throughout the day. I've discovered that when my sodium is high, I don't lose at all as easily. I've begun tracking sodium and potassium just this week.

My diary is open to my MFP friends so feel free to add me if you'd like. :) There are several of my MFP friends who are using Herablife and having success.
  • kstrunk1
    Options
    First week of the meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch and I am down 1.6. I am hoping next week will be better as I did not follow the plan at all on Sunday. And only 1 shake on Saturday.

Hi! I've found that when I don't have my two shakes I don't lose as easily. Do you take the tea or any of the supplements? Just curious. NOT pushing anything on you. I just like to hear what is working or not working for other Herbalife users. I've been using the products since March 10 and have been really, really happy with the results so far. I have a ton to lose. It will come off ... I promise!!! :)
  • jennifergarceau
    Options
    I am not using any of the supplements at this time, I just started with the meal replacements. debating what is necessasy.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have started the 21 day Herbal Cleansing program..:drinker: I am on my 6th day, I use the shakes for dinner and breakfast off and on. My biggest meal is Lunch. I try to eat and snack on healthy things. I like the Pina Colada shake mix. I walk and exercise as well as journal everything I eat.
    This is my first time doing a cleansing but thought it would be best to do it before I start using the supplements and shakes.
    Hope everyone Journey goes well and I would like to help sponsor anyone who needs a sponsor as a distrobutor. It is $104 to join and you get 25% off it is great. :flowerforyou:
  • Marne53
    Options
    I am not using any of the supplements at this time, I just started with the meal replacements. debating what is necessasy.

I would say you tea, aloe and shakes are the best start items. Then build from there. Good Luck
  • jennifergarceau
    Options
    Day 11 and I'm down 3.8 lbs and that is with a slacking day in there as well.
  • kstrunk1
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!!!! Keep it up! Woot woot!! :smile:
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Day 11 and I'm down 3.8 lbs and that is with a slacking day in there as well.

Great job!