Chernobyl Diaries

Options
13»

Replies

• LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    I just watched Grave Encounters this afternoon and thought it was pretty good! Gonna check out Session 9 next-so glad I have you guys to tell me about horror movies I'd never heard of :)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda old/middle school horror, there are some that stick with you - this might be outdated now as I haven't seen it in years, but I remember In the Mouth of Madness was pretty trippy
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Session 9 isn't a POV movie. I watched it last night. I was mainly annoyed by the lack of protection when cutting in to a ceiling tile that was suspected of containing asbestos but maybe that's what the problem was. It was an okay film, worth watching.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it a lot because of its setting. Being a long time UE fan, I've always had a bit of a fascination with Danvers Asylum.

JM
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    SO I had the chance to watch both Session 9 and Chernobyl Diaries.

Lets start with Chernobyl Diaries:
    I was quickly turned off by the desicion to watch it in the drive-in for cheaper because a lot of the film was too dark for the screen -unless the movie was really that dark, and if it was then that was not a good idea- and the sound quality was limited to as loud as my car speakers could go (which was pretty loud, but it wasnt any DOLBY SURROUND SOUND HTEHAVblahblahblah). The characters were a bit hard to connect to, but when just when I was about to connect with them, they started dropping like flies. Then when someone died, it was like "ok.." rather than "no! dammit!"
    The setting was great, but the Chernobyl story I felt could be told better, and the "monsters" in Chernobyl should have been seen more, rather than just shadows and glimpses. Particularly the penultimate scenes when the $h!t hits the fan more camera time for them would be helpful. <still dont know what was in the freakn kitchen though..>

Session 9:
    Session 9 was an interesting movie. It had some disturbing and haunting things that really really creeped me out. Its a psychological thriller for sure. Messes with your head and then hits you with a deep realization at the end of the film. It was kinda slow at first but as things got generally creepier <mostly with the sessions from Mary Hobbes> the movie just got more and more disturbing. It was a great watch and some things stuck with me.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    glad you liked Session 9 - for a while there, you could actually go see place - I think they finally tore it down a few years back.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    glad you liked Session 9 - for a while there, you could actually go see place - I think they finally tore it down a few years back.

you mean they never finished the asbestos removing job?!