RECIPES - 0 - 7 CARBS (Fiber not an issue)

Sheri869
Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
Please post any recipes or snack ideas here that fall under that criteria. Please remember to keep it simple.

Please post the Cal, Fat, Carb, Fiber and Sodium if you can of the overall meal/snack - list ingredients if its something to be made but just the overall #'s for the above. REMEMBER, please do not count fruits or veggies (Aside from white potatoes (will not count as a veggie) in your carbs totals.

Replies

• chris_sy
    chris_sy Posts: 214 Member
    DINNER RECIPE - Wasabi Salmon Burger

1 teaspoon Wasabi paste
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    3.5 - 4 oz salmon fillet, cut into small cubes
    1 large egg white

Slighly beat up the egg white with a fork, add Wasabi, Dijon mustard and salmon cubes - stir well. Heat nonstick frying pan and form a burger from the mixture => bake from both sides until well done (i.e. if salmon was frozen - fresh salmon can be served slightly raw in the middle).

Cals: 298 - Carbs: 3 - Fat: 16 - Protein: 35 - Sodium: 407 - Fiber: 1

Serve with soy sauce (watch your sodium if you do) and enjoy! I usually eat cooked spinach with it.
  • chris_sy
    chris_sy Posts: 214 Member
    SNACK - Greek Yogurt with Fresh or Frozen Berries

I won't post the calories and other nutrients here, because it depends on the brand of yogurt, fat percentage and the fruit you use. I like mine with fresh strawberries or fresh raspberries. I also like to eat it with frozen berries (e.g. blueberries) - by putting in the frozen berries, the yoghurt gets frozen as well.

Mostly, I add some cinnamon because I love the taste and it is supposed to speed up your metabolism. I also use full fat yogurt, because the texture is nice and creamy and it is so much more satisfying than non-fat yogurt.
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    MAKE ME STUFFED PEPPERS
    2 large green peppers, halved lengthwise
    1 pound ground beef
    1/4 cup onion, chopped, 1 1/4 ounces
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 cup tomato, chopped, about 2 ounces
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
    2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, for topping

In a large pot, bring about half a potful of water to a boil. Add the peppers and boil for 3 minutes; drain. In the same pot, brown the hamburger, onion and garlic. Drain the fat and stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Cook until the tomatoes are hot; remove from the heat and stir in the 4 ounces of cheese. Put the pepper halves in a greased 8x8" baking pan and fill with the meat mixture. Sprinkle the extra cheese on top, if using. Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 388 Calories; 27g Fat; 30g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
  • lauriebar
    lauriebar Posts: 93 Member
    Chicken Marsala

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
    • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
    • 1 small onion
    • 1 cup mushroom slices
    • 3 T (or so) olive oil
    • 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
    • 2 T minced Italian (flat leaf) parsley
    • Chicken broth or Better than Bouillon

Preparation:
    1. If desired, pound chicken between two pieces of wax paper or plastic (use anything from an old wine bottle to a small heavy pot for this). Season chicken with salt and pepper.

2. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken. Cook until done, remove, and cover with foil.

3. Add onion and mushrooms, cook until soft. Add wine to pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.

4. At this point, judge the amount of liquid for sauce for chicken. If you need more, add a bit of broth. Taste, and adjust seasonings. If it needs more salt, this is a good place to add a little Better Than Bouillon, if you have it, for the chicken flavor and salt.

5. Pour vegetables and sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.

Nutritional Information: This can make 3 or 4 servings. For 3 servings each has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus one gram fiber, 36 grams protein, and 336 calories.
  • kimbalion23
    kimbalion23 Posts: 491 Member
    Sugar-free Jell-O has no carbs (at least the strawberry doesn't). Gotta have some sweets.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Low-Carb Crustless Quiche
    Minutes to Prepare: 10
    Minutes to Cook: 45
    Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients
    1 cup (not packed), non fat cottage cheese
    2 cups egg substitute, liquid (Egg Beaters, or whites)
    1/2 cup broccoli, cooked, chopped
    1/2 cup ham, extra lean, (5% fat), diced
    1/2 cup Cheddar or Colby Cheese, Low Fat, shredded
    Salt & Pepper, to taste
    Cooking Spray

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375.
    Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour into a pie dish sprayed with Pam or other cooking spray. Place on cookie sheet in oven. Bake approximately 45 minutes or until center is just set.

Variations:
    Substitute different meats, cheese, and veggies such as:
    turkey bacon, sausage
    reduced fat swiss, mozzarella, or feta
    spinach, peppers, onions, asparagus

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 126.4
    Total Fat: 4.1 g
    Cholesterol: 9.8 mg
    Sodium: 375.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 2.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
    Protein: 19.0 g
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Here is a recipe from Skinnytaste.com

Caramelized Onion, Red Pepper and Zucchini Frittata

Servings: 4
    Serving Size: 1/4

Ingredients:
    1 white onion, thinly sliced rings
    1 medium red pepper, diced
    1 1/2 cups zucchini, diced into matchsticks
    4 large eggs
    4 large egg whites
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
    2 tsp olive oil
    salt and fresh pepper

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400°.
    Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet. Stir in onion and cook until slightly brown, about 10 minutes. Add peppers and cook 5 more minutes, then add zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.

In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, parmesan, salt and pepper.
    Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the vegetables. When the edges begin to set (about 2 minutes) move skillet to oven. Cook about 10-15 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked. Serve warm, cut into 4 pieces.
    Calories: 157.7
    Fat: 9.3 g
    Protein: 14.6 g
    Carbs: 5.7 g
    Fiber: 1.6 g
    Sugar: 0.8 g
    Sodium: 243 mg (without salt)
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Balsamic Vinaigrette;

1 T. balsamic vinaigrette
    1 tsp. Dijon mustard
    2 tsp. fresh lemon jiuce

Whisk togeather

Between meal snack: low sodium tomato juice with 1 oz. cheese.. Also, nuts are good in-between meals.

Ka-Bobs are an excellent way to get veggies and protein. Brush with a little olive oil and herbs, to taste.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    DADDY DAVES CHEESY EGGS:
    1/4 onion
    1 red pepper
    1 yellow pepper
    chicken breast or canadian bacon (amount is up to you)
    3-6 slices of favorite cheese i love provolone or mozzarella
    sautee onions and peppers in canola or olive oil(margarine is ok if you prefer that.
    cook your chicken in seperate skillet.
    mix about 6-12 eggs depending on how many you are feeding. i add about 1-2 ounces of milk with my eggs to make them fluffier. beat eggs until well blended.
    pour eggs into frying pan when they look to be 1/3 done add veggies and meat.
    mix well.
    when eggs appear to be nearly cooked add cheese and cover with a lid this helps the cheese to melt.
    let simmer about 60-90 seconds.
    uncover and serve.
    enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Pesto chicken, only 2 carbs!
    Heat oven to 375°F.
    Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto in a
    9- by 13-inch baking dish. Lay chicken breasts over pesto in an even layer and spread with remaining pesto.
    Cover baking dish with foil and bake chicken until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Super Healthy Salmon Burgers :
    Ingredients
    4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets , about 550g/1lb 4oz in total, cut into chunks
    2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
    thumb-size piece fresh root ginger , grated
    1 tsp soy sauce
    1 bunch coriander , half chopped, half leaves picked
    1 tsp vegetable oil
    lemon wedges, to serve

Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.

Serve with a carrot & cucumber salad.

Carbs 7g
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Cheesy autumn mushrooms (serves 4)
    Ingredients
    4 large field mushrooms
    100g gorgonzola or other blue cheese , crumbled
    25g walnuts , toasted and roughly chopped
    4 thyme sprigs
    knob butter , cut into small pieces
    rocket leaves, to serve

Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Arrange the mushrooms on a baking tray. Scatter over the cheese, walnuts, thyme sprigs and butter. You can do up to this stage a day in advance.
    Pop in the oven and cook for 10 mins until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are softened. Arrange some rocket leaves on plates and place the mushrooms on top.

181 kcalories, protein 9g, carbohydrate 1g, fat 16 g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 2g, salt 0.99 g (per serving)
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    One of my favorite easy snacks for work is Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame - Lightly Salted

!/4 cup serving:
    130 calories, 10 carbs, 4 fat, 14 protein, 8 fiber, 150 sodium

There are also several other flavors like wasabi, I can't remember the others...

I also like Greek yogurt

And when desperate (I have a killer sweet tooth), I will have a spoonful of light whipped topping, 15 calories, maybe 1 carb, nothing else...
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Avocado Egg Salad
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 4 pt (w/ light Flatout 7 pts)
    Calories: 154.7 • Fat: 11.7 g • Protein: 9.3 g • Carb: 4.6 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
    Sodium: 132 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
    4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
    1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1 tbsp light mayonnaise
    1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
    1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
    2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp Kosher salt
    pinch freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.
  • lauriebar
    Faux Mushroom Risotto
    Ingredients:
    1 bag frozen cauliflower, cooked
    2 T butter
    2 t minced garlic
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions:
    Process cauliflower in food processor till "rice-like" grains. Melt butter in frying pan. Light sauté garlic and mushrooms. Add cauliflower; season with salt and pepper. Cook over med heat for 8 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and cook another few minutes. Add heavy cream and cook another few minutes.

Nutrition Information: - Recipe makes 3 Servings, (Calories: 230), 6 carb, 3 fiber, 20 fat, 8 protein
  • lauriebar
    Shrimp Scampi
    Ingredients:
    14 oz shrimp (raw, peeled)
    4 T butter
    4 T oil
    3 garlic cloves
    splash lemon juice

Directions: Melt butter, add oil and garlic and sauté 1 min. Add splash of lemon juice. Add shrimp and cook till pink (only takes a few minutes). Spoon shrimp and sauce over Faux Rice.
    Nutrition Information: - Recipe makes 2 Servings - (Calories: 684) - 1.5 carbs, trace fiber, 52 fat, 42 protein

Faux Rice
    Ingredients:
    10 oz bag frozen cauliflower
    butter, salt and pepper

Directions: Microwave cauliflower till done. Drain WELL. Put in food processor with butter, salt and pepper and process in short bursts till it looks like rice.

Nutrition Information: - Recipe makes 4 Servings (Calories: 25) 1.3 NET carbs, 0 fat, 2.5 protein
  • aksunshine
    aksunshine Posts: 62 Member
    Okay, I don't really have much, but I'm going to try here. I don't really cook, maybe on a Sunday night and have that throughout the week ;) This past week I cooked cabbage soup. Cabbage, carrots, celery and cucumber - no salt! Then just cooked it for a few hours and it's delicious!

I also went to the grocery store and stocked up on lettuce, strawberries, mangos, oranges, apples, frozen veggies, sweet potatoes and bananas and cheese. (I'm a vegetarian, so don't know what's up with meat :)

I checked out every dressing there is...for no carb, I found...mustard (lots of varieties), horseradish, sesame oil, rice vinegar and hot sauce. They had high fiber low carb tortillas too that have more than 4g of fiber per serving.

Also, I personally love smoothies - I'm making one this morning with bananas, strawberries, mangos and some almond milk.

Oh, and one more I haven't tried yet..my friend advised me...firm tofu pressed, sliced and sprinkled with sesame oil and then bake.
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Ingredients:
    Market Pantry - Roasted Garlic Chicken Breasts Frozen (1 breast from the bag typically makes 2 4oz servings)
    *--note, you could also use regular chicken breasts (adjust cooking time) sodium would be lower*

Pace Chunky Salsa

Reduced fat shredded taco cheese

Bake the Chicken as directed on the package. With about 5 minutes left, take chicken out of the oven and measure out your pieces. Typically one breast from the bag will make two 4oz servings though some may be smaller. Once you've cut your pieces into 4oz's, top each 4 oz serving with 2 TBS of salsa and 2TBS of low fat taco cheese. Return to the oven for the remaining 5 minutes to complete cooking the chicken and melt the cheese (leave in a little longer if the cheese doesn't melt all the way in the 5 minutes). Enjoy with a great vege on the side! Whatever chicken you don't eat, keeps well in the fridge for lunches during the week :). Plus, once done they are already in nice individual servings easy to pop in a tupperware and take to work.

Calories: 190
    Carbs: 6
    protein: 24
    Fiber: 1
    Sodium: 915
  • JRC47
    JRC47 Posts: 16
    I'm kinda like you "aksunshine", I don't really follow recipes. That being said, here is a meal I had that I loved

Baked Salmon 258 calories
    Steamed Spinach w/ vinegar 7 calories (adding the vinegar is an East Coast Canadian "thing"..lol)
    Steamed Broccoli & Cauliflower 50 calories
    Bake Yam 150 calories
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    I'm not much one for recipes either. I cook for one. I usually take a piece of meat or fish and a couple of veggies and call it good. Unless I'm cooking for others, I normally don't bother with a recipe. At any rate, I found this on dlife.com, which is a database of recipes for diabetics.

Parmesan Flounder

Prep Time: 5 mins
    Cook Time: 5 mins
    Difficulty: EASY

INGREDIENTS
    4 flounder fillet , 4 oz each
    1 cooking spray
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 oz fresh green onions , thinly sliced
    1 tbsp butter , softened
    1/8 tsp tabasco sauce

DIRECTIONS
    1 Preheat oven to broil.
    2 Lightly coat rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
    3 Place fillets on broiler pan rack, brush with lemon juice.
    4 Place pan in oven and broil 5-1/2" from heat, 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
    5 Remove pan from oven, set aside.
    6 In mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
    7 Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top of each fillet.
    8 Return pan to broiler and cook for 1 additional minute, or until filets lightly browned.
    9 Serve hot.

Calories: 251
    Total Carbs: 0.4g
    Dietary Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 0.1g
    Total Fat: 16.7g
    Protein: 23.6g
    Sodium: 286.2

http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Parmesan-Flounder/r2702.html