Need a little help :)

Options
burbanum
burbanum Posts: 38 Member
The last 2 days i have been so tired i mean exhausted...i am about 3 1/2 weeks into EMTWL and wonder if it is due to my body learning this new healthier eating pattern. I feel like I have been hit my a mack truck though...tired, light headed, hungry even though i am at my cut already tonight (due to the 2 pizza slices with friends) which i would have never eaten before EMTWL...but realized it is ok to now :) anyone have thoughts on this or suggestions as to what to do to get over the tired and hungry hump of the journey?

Replies

• divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am close to where you are in eating more. I also feel tired and I notice I am sleeping much deeper and longer at night. I also feel tired in the daytime. One thing I am really trying to do is make sure I am getting my macros, the 40/30/30 ratio that Lucia recommends, carbs/proteins/fats in. The other thing I was tempted to do at first but I am not doing now is the types of foods I am eating, now I am eating fuller fat foods, instead of 0% fat yogourt I am eating 2% fat, a few more calories but I think in the big scheme it is healthier. I am also really trying to fill up on healthy foods and not junky stuff.

Are you getting all the food groups in at each meal? That really makes a difference in how I feel.

Just a few ideas and suggestions, I am no expert but I do know that the quality of food makes such a huge difference in how I feel. If I eat junk I feel really off, if I eat healthy I feel much better. :smile:
  • burbanum
    burbanum Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes i agree on eating whole foods..i have been eating well the pizza today was a splurge but i felt ok with 2 slices and in the past would have not allowed myself that. I am doing 40/30/30 for macros in general (again today was not stellar, but the others are prettty close). I hope that the exhaustion subsides soon...i have a 4 year old and run a business and love to be on the move and playing with my little one and need my energy back!!! :)