Welcome to Our New Social Group

Options
I want to thank everyone that has joined and encourage you to start a new thread on anything you want to talk about. It doesn't have to be diet or exercise related, it can be about anything you want to chat about. Talk about your kids, pets, weather, anything at all, we're not restricted as long as we stick to MFP rules.

I hope we're able to make some lasting friendships and support each other with anything we need. Let's chat!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• cameradawktor
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group. I have been on 60 mg of Prednisone for one month and have just dropped to 40mg this week and have to be on that for at least one month. The pulmonologist I see thinks I will be on it a total of 6 months. I had "hypersensitive pneumonitis" which simply means a pneumonia caused by an allergic reaction. I had to go to the hospital for 4 days and get a lung biopsy done that they sent to the Mayo Clinic because the radiologists @ Kaiser couldn't figure out what was wrong! I had to be on oxygen for a month and the prednisone is helping my lung function. I instantly gained 4 lbs. I am hoping that by stopping my compulsive eating habits that I have had for a long time and making healthier choices will slow the weight gain effects of the medicine.
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been on 5mg of Prednisone for over 2 years. At the beginning of this month, the doctor cut it in half to see if I can totally get off of it. I am on this evil drug to prevent rejection of my new heart (transplant 12/31/09).

I'm still learning what I have to do to lose weight. I lose well at 1000 calories, carbs < 100, lots of water and lots of exercise. I seem to lose a bit each day that way. If I try to bump it up to even 1200, I plateau and/or don't lose. That's even with >700 exercise calories burned.

I have lost 21.2# as of this morning. 19.2# after going down to 1000 calories, carbs < 100, lots of water and lots of exercise. In the 6 weeks before that, I lost 2#.
  • briggie10
    Options
    I've been on prednisone now for over 2 years. I have gained at least 80lbs. I was put on it just as I was starting to loose some weight from my pregnancy. I have tried so hard to loose weight & i just keep gaining. Due to my health problems, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis & Ulcerative Colitis (both of which i take the prednisone for) I am limited with the exercising I can do. I also have lower back problem which I know the added weight is not helping. I am able to exercise in the pool, thats bout it. If anyone knows of a diet or exercises that worked for them please let me know. As much as I hate the prednisone I could not move without it. I would just love to look in the mirror and not see this moon face.