Walking

Options
vicky1804
vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
Can we include walking in this? or just time we actually set aside for exercising.
I spend approx 40 mins a day walking to and from work.

Thanks

Replies

• minimary16
    minimary16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you can definetely include your walking. It's not everybody that can include 1 hour of exercice in their day so walking to work is a good way to do it.
    To make it more worth it, try to walk faster :)
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Iv been walking it faster that last 2-3 weeks or so, except those really hot mornings when I just dont want to go to work :)
  • minimary16
    minimary16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Then I think you can defintively count it as exercice ! The good thing about it is that you don't have the choice to walk... because you need to go to work. With exercice, you can always say : I'll do it tomorrow... (thing I used to say a lot in the past few years)
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have joined this group--and the ten pounds in June--I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AnkeAkke
    AnkeAkke Posts: 23
    Options
    I also include walking. We don't need to exercise vigourosly every day. Walking is fine; you're moving, you're burning calories. It's very healthy exercizing.

I went shopping yesterday and I walked almost half of the day. I decided to enter '60 minutes of walking', so I don't overestimate it.

(Please forgive my spelling. My English is not so good and I am to lazy to look for a dictionary :smile: )