1 yr results, without netting below BMR

Options

Replies

• FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    VERY inspiring...thankyou for posting!!!
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    My jaw DROPPED. So incredibly inspiring. I don't know what could be said that hasn't already been said, but WAY TO GO GIRL!!! :) Thank you so much with sharing your journey!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    wow wow! awesome!! congratulations!!!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I feel redundant saying 'wow' like everyone else has.....but WOW! Incredible job! What motivation and dedication, and the results speak for themselves! Way to go!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You look good. U have made progress in a yr that people have been trying to do in years (me included). And the thighs/leg are banging!!.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :), thank you for posting, it's really good to see results from someone eating well.
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your story is totally amazing and VERY inspirational. I have been battling with the eat more to lose method for a long time. Just afraid of the "eat more" part. You have convinced me that it does really work. Congrats and thanks again for sharing your journey.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You look awesome!

I like the way you "listened" to your body when it told you it wanted more calories. I'm working on tuning in to mine.

Also, you have incredible quads. I hope mine look like that soon! Thanks for sharing!
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Amazing, inspiring and awesome. Thank you for your post. You look fantastic. Be proud which I am sure you are!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your story, I love when I see people eating and losing. No need to starve to lose weight. Great job, you look amazing!!!!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What an amazing article...thanks so much for sharing and Congrats on ur wonderful achievement...
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. It was a lot of fun to share my success and soak it all in.

I'm glad this can be encouragement for this group. As I mentioned, I never liked the idea of eating too little, and certainly didn't want to est 1200 calories the rest of my life (after all, I want to maintain my loss, not yo yo). Besides, eating more means my metabolism is better equipped to handle an off kilter excessive memorial day weekend. (Haha. Last weekend's entres were pretty fun.) anyhow, I hope this can many of you see that it is possible to eat more to lose weight. I never had to do a reset, because I started from a place of eating too many calories and no exercise.. . Many of you are trying this after plateaus, so it is different. You will gain at first , and it will take some patience at the beginning, but once you reset, it will almost seem easy. Hang in there, and know that you can lose while eating.

Also - keep in mind that I weigh 148.5, which so many people think is a high weight for s 5'6" female. I see lots of goals around 125-130 (which works for some people, but not me) . My point is just try not to get too fixated on a scale number. Take measurements along the way too, use those to track your bf%, take pics, have multiple forms of feedback, not just the scale. When I weighed 160, I had the same # of pounds of fat and was ahd same size as a friend who weighed 130. The scale id not a be all end all. Btw, I'm quite happy with my clothing size, bf%, and my tiny waist. :)
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! So inspiring for those of us just starting out! You look fabulous!

Question: how on earth did you eat just ONE GS thin mint cookie??!!! :tongue:
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bump
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Question: how on earth did you eat just ONE GS thin mint cookie??!!! :tongue:

Lol, I know, or 4-6 M&Ms or 1 dove promise. M&Ms are across the office, I will take just a few and walk all the way back to my desk before eating them. Same with the dove promises: Mondays our receptionist puts out a candy bowl, she is on a different story of the building. I peruse, decide if what is in the bowl is worth the calories, if so, take one and don't eat it until I am back at my desk. The thin mints reside in a desk drawer (just out of reach. I take one out, put it on my desk, close up the box, close the drawer, then turn around and eat the thin mints. I think the trick is to take away access to more before you start eating your treat.
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow what a transformation! You look amazing!! Congratulations!