Scales vs. Measurements

Options
Which do you like to use to measure your goals - the scales or the tape measure?

:heart:

Replies

• TheBlessedMomma
    Options
    The scales and my clothes...and woe is me!!! I gasped when I got on the scale this morning :(.
    I have to say, I'll be glad when Memorial Day weekend is over and life goes back to normal. My hubbie is a real junk food junkie (and a bit of a bully -in the pouty/fussy sense- if he doesn't get his way with food) and it's hard to maintain a healthy diet. But on the bright side...according to my new podometer, since Mother's Day I've walked the width of Rhode Island! :laugh:
  • blaineandcat
    Options
    What podometer are you using? I have been trying to find one!
  • TheBlessedMomma
    Options
    Got a Striiv. Expensive, but soooo much fun. I don't belong to a gym so that's how if justified asking for a $99 podometer for Mother's Day (did you keel over when you read that?). I've even blogged about it. It keeps you moving, traks steps, stairs, calories, etc. The company lets you earn points toward charitable donations (I've earned 19 polio vaccinations) and it has a little island that you populate with plants, animals and structures as you earn points walking. It keeps me moving. I walked the dog an extra 15 minutes today because I wanted an Ice Maple for my island.
  • blaineandcat
    Options
    Talk about interactive! I had no clue it did all that! :smile:
  • lisahiner
    lisahiner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Scales, mostly. This time I am absolutely determined to lose this weight! But I do agree that how your clothes fit is important. But that hasn't worked for me in the past.... it almost seemed like an excuse not to look at the scales. I've got such a long way to go...
  • TheBlessedMomma
    Options
    Happy Summer Lisa!
    I set a weight goal in 2007 and I just acheived it 2 months ago (it was a little goal, too-less than 50 pounds). Then I went up a little, I kicked it into gear and got back to my goal. Now I have a new goal weight, and knowing me it will probably take a few years, but that's okay. For me it's a body, soul, spirit life. Sometimes I have to focus on one over the others, and very rarely I feel like I've got all 3 parts of me taking the steps in the right direction.
    You are right, it will take time. You will make the most of your time and you absolutely can achieve your healthy goals!!!!!
    My new goal for this spring/summer season...salad at least 3 times a week. Do you set little goals along the way to the big ones?
  • bonnieandsunny
    Options
    I use the scale every morning before breakfast and record my weight. How my clothes fit around the waist is also another indication of how I'm doing. :-)