corset/bustier

Options
mdorisi
mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
SOOO I'm having a problem finding a foundation to wear under my wedding dress. The problem is my shape! I can find something to go around my bust, but currently I have a 58" waist and really want something to smooth it out. Another issue is that my dress is strapless. Does anybody have any ideas besides spanks?? My wedding is in exactly one month....eek.

Replies

• bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you luck. I haven't found any type of corset that is reasonably comfortable. Spanx is evil. Regardless, congratulations! No matter what your wedding will be fantastic :)
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Visit your local specialty lingerie store and look for a corset with boning on the TOP of the bra cup. If they don't have your size, they might be able to refer you elsewhere since they likely have industry contacts. Anyway, the boning on the top of the bra cup will keep the "girls" from making an appearance while you're dancing, moving around, leaning over to hug guests, etc. :blushing: Good luck in your search, and congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • miss_september
    Options
    I don't know if this is helpful, but, last year when I got married the lady helping me try on wedding dresses at David's Bridal fit me in a really nice convertible bra/corset that was *awesome.* It had straps that were removable and could connect to go under a halter top, the corset bones shaped my apple-tummy nicely, and the cups weren't all padded and making me plunge out the top, but provided great support without bulk. I'm sorry I don't know the exact brand, but you might talk to someone at David's Bridal (if you haven't already). Oh, and congratulations!
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try layering spanx? I heard Adele wore 4 pairs to the Grammys O.O