Need menu ideas for guests - Atkins Induction friendly

Options
susannahcooks
susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
Hi guys - I need some help. I have friends from my hometown driving through next weekend and they'll be staying with me ON THEIR ANNIVERSARY. So I need a dinner menu that has a touch of 'fancy' that will please picky manly eater types (his only diet restriction is no creamy sauces like alfredo, or ranchy type dips - its a texture thing not a dietary thing, so cheeses are okay- but like visible mayo and stuff is not), and a several-years post-op lapband eater - who has no restrictions other than volume, and then me - atkins induction. I'm okay serving bread or something non-atkins as a side dish (that I won't eat), but the bulk of it needs to be something I can eat too. Thinking of making the tiramisu from ibreatheimhungry.com for dessert unless you guys have something else fantastic in mind.

Help!?

Replies

• bellaphile
    bellaphile Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    the first thing that came to mind was a nice steak with a side of loaded broccoli (like a loaded potato...but broccoli instead!)
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Have you seen that website www.genaw.com, then click on my low carb recipes. It's a great site with all kinds of low carb recipes!
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
    How about baking some salmon with buttery-lemony sauce on it, steam some asparagus, stir-fry some other veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers with some soy sauce). Add a nice Greek salad with feta cheese. This looks fancy enough to me.
    I'm not big on desserts, so no advice on that.