May/June WLS Conversation Thread

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
Hello all and welcome to all new members! Spring is in the air!

Please feel free to use this thread for daily conversations and to get to know one another.

Have a good day and remember success is never giving up! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LosinMamaof2girls
    LosinMamaof2girls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! It is a new month, a new start, a new day.. Can't see what we can accomplish this month.
  • starrgazerlily
    starrgazerlily Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think this month will be a challenge for me. I think I'm hitting my first plateau. I really need to get my butt in gear and get back to the gym!!
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Gonna try and start posting here more regularly. After all....I did start the group! A big thanks to Mollie for keeping it going!!!

Definitely a month of "new" for me. I started running. ME! A runner?? Get outta here! I've always wanted to run but at nearly 400lbs I could barely walk! Im now up to 3K - working on 5K and entering races! All new to me!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Congrats Simona on 3k!! Awesome!! I knew your username looked familiar. I post the threads but most months not a lot of activity. Last month was the most active I believe.

Welcome back!
  • dreamofmusic768
    dreamofmusic768 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself. I am shannon and I started the process for weight loss surgery at the very end of april. I have started using mfp to keep my food diary and to help me track my weight loss before I have surgery. Currently my surgeon is planning a two phase surgery, but if I can lose a bit of weight before surgery we may skip the phase 1 and just do the RNY. I am always looking to find people to help me stay accountable and am always willing to spur others on when they are feeling down.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I so, so want to do a 5k walk. I can walk 3 miles in about 58 minutes, but I don't think I'm fast enough for the 5k walk yet (I have this horrible picture of being the last one to cross the finish line). I'm just going to plug away and try to get faster. Soon!

Welcome, Shannon!
  • drmcclish
    drmcclish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI all! I am about 2 months away from my RYN. My Dr just talked to my abou the sleeve also being an option. Can anyone give me some ups or downs of either procedure?
    Happy weekend,
    Robin
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I so, so want to do a 5k walk. I can walk 3 miles in about 58 minutes, but I don't think I'm fast enough for the 5k walk yet (I have this horrible picture of being the last one to cross the finish line). I'm just going to plug away and try to get faster. Soon!

Welcome, Shannon!
    Course you can. I did the Race for Life last year, 5K, took me 53 minutes. Which was a lot faster than many other people. equally a lot slower than some.
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin! I just had the Sleeve on the 21st of May. Don't have a lot of "feedback" for you yet. Too new.. But the reason why I got it over the RnY.. is because the sleeve had less "rewiring" for me. lol.. And less side effects.

Good luck!! Friend me if you wish. :)

Tina
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    I just thought I would take this chance to introduce myself, I have been in the clinical weight loss program in Edmonton Alberta Canada(Weight Wise)

Well after going through the program I have been selected for surgery and will be getting a VGS sometime late July or Aug.
    I am excited and looking forward to it. I have struggles with my weight my whole life and the thought of this tool to help me reach a normal weight for the first time in my life is incredible.

Seann
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!!! My name is Nicole. I had VSG Jan 2011. Ive had a good weight loss but I let bad habits slip in and ive gained around 10 lbs back. My lowest was 148 from 304 and I am now at 158. Ill be starting the 17 day diet tomorrow to get back in the right mindset.
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    puttingmyselfoutthere Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks out from RNY .. follow your surgeon's orders to a tee.. make sure to go slowly even when you are bored to death.. keep reminding yourself that you just had major surgery. Do not eat anything dry when you are on pureed foods only.. Its awful! Breathe through your pain, don't hold your breath- it hurts more.. Brace your belly with a pillow when moving.. and if you have any other questions.. just ask :D
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi all! How's everyone doing?

I have been so tired for the last several months and missing quite a few pills due to the exhaustion, so I made a hard decision: I'm switching from overnight, 12-hour shifts with a rotating day of the week schedule to a daytime job with a set 8-hour a day schedule. I love my current job (no supervisors, a job I excel at, great people, etc.) , but I crave structure.

Starting June 25, I will be a daywalker at a different facility and a different position. This will allow me to plan my meals, my vitamins, housework, and exercise. I'm weirdly excited about that. :happy: Post-op life will be easier.
  • CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking control of your life. Too many of us don't make the hard decisions. Well done.
  • starrgazerlily
    Options
    I hit wonderland last month (May)!!!! I also broke down and bought some "NEW" clothes. I've been buying my clothes from consignment shops or getting hand me downs. I just haven't had any luck lately (I'm picky) so I went to TJ max. I was so excited when NOTHING I picked up from the Women's department fit me at all and just about everything from the misses in an XL fit great. I'm also to the point where people who haven't seen me in a few months don't recognize me when I walk by them. My last exciting moment for the month is that at work I have to put on special scrubs when I have to go into the OR. I tried on Mediums the other day and they fit perfectly!!! Granted they are unisex but I was still in MEDIUMS!!
  • beckisues
    beckisues Posts: 5
    Options
    What an accomplishment!! Congratulations! I know you feel great. Did you get past the plateau you were worried about?
  • starrgazerlily
    Options
    Yes. I started doing Kettlebell classes and that quickly broke that plateau. I haven't been in 2 weeks though :-/ I think I need to get a DVD b/c the classes just are not at a convenient time for me.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Course you can. I did the Race for Life last year, 5K, took me 53 minutes. Which was a lot faster than many other people. equally a lot slower than some.

Oooo, I may have to give it a try then!
  • simplysteff
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Steff and I had gastric sleeve on May 8, 2012. Looking for friends to chat with who have gone through wls and the emotions involved with relearning to live my life with food.
  • SabrinaNorton70
    SabrinaNorton70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Ive been on MFP for awhile now, I had RNY October 2005 so im almost 7 years out and I would like to lose 20 pounds that I seemed to have gained over the past couple of years since having a car accident. I remain active and watch what I eat but it seems it isnt staying off like it did the first 5 years so here I am! Anyone in the central ca area? Sabrina
This discussion has been closed.