starting tomorrow

Options
mommajolynn
mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
I have decided to finally give this a try. I want to run and this is the most recomended program to use. I wouldn't mind having someone to discuss it with. So is there anyone else in this group that is just starting out with W1D1? or close to it?

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 2 on Monday. I'll send you a friend request.
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    did W1D1 today and I feel AMAZING! I didn't want to stop. I just wanted to go and go and go!

Can't wait for W1D2!
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I start week 7 Monday...it goes by quick :)
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting week 2 on Monday. Week one was great, honestly can't believe I did it, never thought I could be a runner.
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D2 today....so I'm right there with you!!! I did the whole program in the fall and felt like a rockstar...can't wait to get back to that! :)
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    my thighs are starting to burn lol love it!!
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I start week 7 Monday...it goes by quick :)

I agree! I start week 5 on Tuesday.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I tried it a week or so ago, did day 1, felt such an idiot i couldnt even jog for 60 seconds...so i gave up :sad:
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    I tried it a week or so ago, did day 1, felt such an idiot i couldnt even jog for 60 seconds...so i gave up :sad:

It takes time. 2 weeks ago I couldn't run for even 30 seconds but I pushed myself and made myself run. How about you make an extra week for yourself where you run for 30 seconds and walk for 2 minutes. That's what I have done for the last 2 weeks
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    I bought me some new running shoes today. Soo excited to try them out!
  • cinster1
    cinster1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also starting today
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    Awesome! Make sure to let us know how it goes and if you need any support :-)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I bought me some new running shoes today. Soo excited to try them out!

Cool! It's motivating to have new equipment to try out :D did you get fitted?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Woo hoooo! Welcome on board. I'm starting Week 2 tomorrow. Bought a high impact sports bra today (my usual one for hiking just isn't up to it - got some very big smiles off quite a few men while jogging round the park) and planning to get to a running shop this week to upgrade my old gym trainers.
  • mommajolynn
    Options
    no I didn't get fitted. That's a bit out of my single mom budget right now but I hope to get some with all my bday money in august. Until then the pair I got should do the trick. If not then I will take them back and deal with my old ones until august
  • jessimom
    jessimom Posts: 29
    Options
    Begining fourth week ... Feel great now but even though I could do the runs I was really tired first two weeks and a bit cranky ... Just run through it bc now I feel like stress is getting better too
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    no I didn't get fitted. That's a bit out of my single mom budget right now but I hope to get some with all my bday money in august. Until then the pair I got should do the trick. If not then I will take them back and deal with my old ones until august

single mom budget here too! I went to get fitted last night- I have been searching the internet to see if I can find them cheaper...if not, then I am saving till I can get them. Where I went, they will fit you and store it in the computer- it will be there when you are ready!
  • mommajolynn
    Options

single mom budget here too! I went to get fitted last night- I have been searching the internet to see if I can find them cheaper...if not, then I am saving till I can get them. Where I went, they will fit you and store it in the computer- it will be there when you are ready!
    I'm seriously thinking about going up and getting fitted tomorrow even tho the shoes I am wearing right now feel amazing. I just want to see if there is something else I need to look at ya know?