Favorite Exercise

Options
danadew18nj
danadew18nj Posts: 30 Member
Come on, spill! What do you love doing the most?

Indoor: "barbell blast" offered @ my gym, we use real barbells (not the body bars) and the instructors amazing!

outdoors: i love to ski & mt bike!

Replies

• cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have different favorites for different reasons...

With my trainer, I love to do boxing because I get to punch her for making me do all the things I hate. :devil:

For cardio, I love tap dancing. I burn so many calories in an hour of tap dancing (avg 450-600) and it definitely keeps the heart rate up!

For overall toning and strength, I love pole dancing. My muscles have so much more definition since I started it. :blushing:
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I still love the good old fashioned outdoor run. When you're off, it sucks, but when everything gels... it feels amazing!
  • mini72
    mini72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have to say its running.Did 30DS tonight.Its my second attempt and all that jumping about really doesnt do it for me!!!
  • louiserainey
    louiserainey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up with a bit of everything! Long distance running, spin, classes at the gym, weight lifting, the stairmill and of course.... ZUMBA! hehe
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I might get more advanced ones as I go but right now it is Just Dance on the wii with the kids...LOL
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Well I'm just getting back into 'working out'. I just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. But I'm dumping it since Body Revolution just arrived, which I hope I love!
    But my favorite cardio is riding my Trikke (which is a 3 wheeled 'scooter' you stand on and propel it with your own momentum of shifting back and forth). Its so much fun, and its a full body workout with low impact. I am beginning to see some definition on my upper back (though there's still alot of 'fluff' I gotta get off my back).
    I also enjoy riding my hybrid bike around town/the waterfront.
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have to say its running.Did 30DS tonight.Its my second attempt and all that jumping about really doesnt do it for me!!!
    30 DS....lots of jumping huh??? This may sound weird to some...but i'm sure some of the ladies will agree with me....but being 'larger' should I say on top....'jumping around' isn't something I like to do when i'm working out. Lol. I was seriously considering purchasing the 30DS...but I'd have to put on 3 sports bras!
    I think my favorite exercise has got to be my treadmill. Kind of boring I know...but I get on it every morning at 10am, while watching Dr. Phil. Lol. I love the increasing my incline and speed every 5 minutes and really working up a sweat. Maybe once I lose a little more weight there will be other activities I like as well...but right now...i'm a treadmill girl :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. By far it is my favorite thing at the gym to do. I used to love going to group classes but since I started lifting I'm totally addicted to it.
  • sunnykb
    sunnykb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running from a mile to 2 miles. I'm also on Day 6 of the 30DS. I felt as if the first two days were easy. I didn't feel tired or sore the next morning. On Day 3 onwards, I started putting my all into it and I have been feeling slightly sore every morning. I am already starting to see results! I can't wait until the 30th day!