Fibro relief!!!! FINALLY!!

Options
I just started taking (2 weeks ago) Savella...I LOOOOVE it!! I feel HUMAN again!! I have ENERGY!! I also didn't get ANY of the side effects the Dr warned me about. I almost didn't take it because of his warning, and then at the drugstore, another woman getting her scripts filled said it was AWFUL, but she pushed through and it was worth it. I get every side effect to every med, EXCEPT this one!! I just had to shout it out!! Im also down at total of 44lbs (some before MFP) and am feeling better I think because of that. Additionally, have begun working out daily because Ive found it helps with the pain! I hope this helps at least ONE person!! ;-)

Replies

• nancyinfernley
    Options
    what specifically does it do for you?
  • itreycee
    itreycee Posts: 22
    Options
    I'd like to know more about it as well.
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Here is a link for Savella for those of you who are interested.

http://health.yahoo.net/goldcontent/milnacipran?brand=Savella
  • crazysquaw51
    Options
    okay, what is this exactly, never heard of it, do you have to have a prescrition? what are the side effects, let us all know, and truly glad it is helping you with the pain:flowerforyou:
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC NEWS FOR YOU, REALLY GREAT.:flowerforyou:
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    Ya my dr has me on Savella twice a day x 50 mg. Very good with Lyrica combo! Im also on Nucynta for my lumbarradiculopathy! Finally getting some pain relief after a long time without is the most awesome thing ever.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I got pain relief from it, but be very careful. We had to keep upping the dose for me. I found complete relief at 100 mg 2x a day. However, it causes heart issues. my resting heart rate was crazy. 110??? And my workout heart rate, forget about it. I had to be taken off it when I had bleeding issues. Pay attention to the warnings. It's not for sissys.
  • FibroTrackTerry
    Options
    Awesome to hear your doing so much better.... but in all honesty, I would wager that losing 44lb, and exercising lots more has as much or more to do with it than the Savella does. At the very least, the weight loss and exercise will have greatly multiplied the benefits your seeing. HUGE amounts of research data show that overall weight loss, exercise and overall physical fitness has a larger impact in reducing symptoms for a broader patient set than any drug - but also that those who do both will see even larger benefits.

Great to hear good news from someone making such great progress!

Terry