Height, weight, age and clothes size?

Options
Hi all. I was wondering what everyone's goals are for their height and age?

I'm 5ft 9, currently weight 151lb (10 stone 11). I'm 39 and a size 14.

I'd idealy like to be around 140lb (10 stone) and a size 12. Although, I'm really big busted (34H), so may have to still fit a 14 up top, and a 12 down below!! :laugh:

I don't want to be too skinny, I like my curves, but I really wanna lose the love handles and baby belly!! :laugh:

Replies

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 5ft 3 and currently weigh 153.78lb (10 stone 9) I am 27 and a size 12

My target weight is 121 (8 stone 6) and a size 8 - 10. I am an ex gymnast so have rather wide shoulders, so I may struggle getting back in to a size 8 top.

I want my pre baby figure back, and I am will to do anything to get it at the min, I had a emergency C-Sect to have her, so I want my belly gone. I have lost 22lb so far, and heading in the right direction. My next target goal is 132lb and I want to do it in 9 weeks. I am going to a wedding them and want to look fab.
  • CardiffSarah
    Options
    Hi there

I've just joined and loving this site so far.

I'm 5ft 4.5in, weigh 206lb (14st 10lb). I'm currently in a 16-18 clothes size - I'm aiming for a 14 and then see how I feel.
    I am aiming to get to 154lb (11st).

Wish I'd found this site before, going on holiday on 14th June, so not much time to lose much before then. I'm going to start the 30 day shred as there seem to be some good results. I've had the dvd for months and still in the plastic wrapper!
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 14st 9, just turned 30 and size 18.

Want to lose about 60 lbs, maybe size 12/14 and improve my overall fitness too. Spent too long eating too much wrong stuff and too little time exercising.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, 5 foot 4inches tall and currently weigh 10st 2 and am a size 12/14 on top and 10/12 on the bottom.

I was 13stone before I started this 3 year weightloss journey. I wouldn't mind being 9 stone something but I'm pretty much where I want to be. Some people on this thread seem to be aiming a bit low for their height.
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 37, 38 next month and weigh 210lbs (15 stone) and a size 16. I would like to get down to 13 stone and size 14. My starting weight was 254lbs (18stone 2lbs) and a size 20/22.

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss :)
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    oh and i am 5 foot 8
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarah my stats are,

5'5" 10stone 6pounds, 29 years old, clothes ususally 12 jeans, 14 tops (I'm a bit of an apple) I've put my goal as 9 stone as that was the weight I was when I met my OH 9 years ago and I'm getting married next year although I'd be really happy with 9 and a half, but mostly I want to shrink the inches around my belly I'm 35" round the belly button (39.5" round the hips) I'd love that to be under 30" even if I stayed the same weight.

I've been doing MFP for a month and only lost 1 pound, which is a bit of a nightmare! In fact is there anyone who's around my weight and height who's losing and can give me any tips? :D
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, 5'5" and weigh 9st 6lbs. Size 10/12 bottom 12/14 top (big boobs and ribcage).
    Starting weight around 15 stone, size 20 - 24.
    I'm at my goal weight and size now but want to tone up and lose some flab especially off my belly.
    My maintenance weight range is between 9.3 - 9.8 stone, I'd like to stay somewhere between those weights and it gives me a bit of wiggle room to allow for holidays, natural fluctuation etc.
  • psiren28
    Options
    Some people on this thread seem to be aiming a bit low for their height.

You think? I haven't seen any particularly low goals here. People carry weight differently, it depends on your frame and how you carry weight. And personal preference of course.
  • trinaballerina75
    trinaballerina75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello....I'm 5ft 8. My starting weight was 12 stone 9 in February this year.
    But I am now 11 stone 13 and just back in my size 12 clothes.

My ultimate goal weight is 10.5 stone, but I will be happy to be back at 11 stone again, which was the weight I was before I stopped smoking.

Good luck to you all in reaching your goals and feel free to add me :)
  • xxsuzexx
    xxsuzexx Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello All,
    Just joined team uk, but have been using MFP for a little over a week now.
    My height is 5' 7"
    Age 50
    Start weight was 12st 7lb
    Weight as of Friday 12st 3lb
    Dress size is a very good 14 teetering on a 16

My aim is to get down to somewhere between 10.5 and 11 stone and back to a size 12, back to the days when clothes shopping did not feel so traumatic.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options

I understand your concern, but before I had kids I was a healthy 9 stone 8. I don't think my goal of 10 stone is too low for me at 5'9? :smile:
  • pars1981
    pars1981 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im 5', age 31 and currently wiegh 140lbs (10st). Am a size 12 on top and size 10 on bottom half.

My goal weight is to be 119lbs (8st 7lbs).
  • owl5454
    owl5454 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 19
    I'm currently 138 pounds (was 146 when I started losing) the goal weight is about 121 which would stick right in the middle of my bmi
    and a size 12/14 bottoms (big bum) and a size 10/12 tops (smallish boobs) oh and I'm 5'4
  • psiren28
    Options

I understand your concern, but before I had kids I was a healthy 9 stone 8. I don't think my goal of 10 stone is too low for me at 5'9? :smile:

It's whatever you feel comfortable with. I've noticed a couple of people on this thread who are the same dress size as me but are also shorter and heavier. We all carry weight differently, goes to show the scale isn't everything. My weight has always seemed to take up more space than other people's. People of the same height and weight (at whatever stage I was at) always took a couple of sizes smaller in clothes than me. I'm small boned, tiny hands and feet, I guess that's why. They probably have more muscle too, I'm working on that :smile:
  • katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'.
    weigh 10st 6 (148.4lbs)...
    I'm 24
    size 10/12 on top and 14/16 on bottom (because of my tree trunk thighs! grrr!)

Would ideally like to be 9st6.
  • annafreeman24
    annafreeman24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 7, weigh 144 lbs, am 27 and a size 12.

I'm not looking to lose a load of weight just want to lose a few pounds and tone up a lot more coz seem to carry all my weight round my belly, hips and thighs. I lost a stone before joining this site but my jeans don't feel much looser so trying to do sit ups and stretching combined with loads of walking.

I have a really small bone structure so I'm thinking maybe I should be aiming to get down to the lower end of the healthy bmi scale. :)
  • traceyoaten
    Options
    I`m 5ft 6in 172lbs 12 stone 5 age 39 size 14/16
    I was 15 stone 210 would like to lose another 2 stone
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 years old, 11st 8lbs. Too chubby for size 14 but not quite a 16 either. 5'6".
    I am determined to lose a stone or a stone and a half healthily, I'm sick of feeling flabby and have tried and failed to lose weight since my first daughter was born 4 years ago. I'm determined not to give up this time!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I''m 5ft2, currently 135lbs (9st 9lbs), I'm 22. Clothes size is currently 10-12, depends on the shop.

Aiming to be around 8st 7lbs, size 8 - 10. :)