Why am I NOT losing

Options
I'm staying within the calorie & carb intake and exercising 3-4 times a week....however it seems like I'm not losing.
What's the DEAL!?!

Replies

• garychristy25
    Options
    Hi there. I just joined the group. The only thing I can suggest is to maybe add more exercise and more intensity to the exercise routine. I think if you do that, you will see more results. Sometimes you can reach a plateau when it comes to exercise. Good luck and add me as a friend please!
    Christy
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    When did you start on your journey? Have you calculated your BMR? It is quite possible you aren't eating enough!! That is the hardest thing for people to understand and follow. How much water do you drink? Do you track your sodium? Do you drink diet pop? Are you exercising any?

I tried looking at your diary but it is closed so it is hard to help you further. Feel free to add me as a friend wahmx3
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Let us see you diary. Could be your food choices.
  • moneymeg
    moneymeg Posts: 5
    Options
    Would you be looking for lots of processed foods? Just curious because there sure is a lot of conflicting advice out there. Thanks!! :)
  • FunMomof2
    FunMomof2 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It could be my food choices, as I'm a single mom and difficult to make what my boys like with what I am suppose to eat. I do eat well at work, but noticing not enough veggies in my diet. I was eating a lot of lean cuisines so possibly that was the issue as well, however now I'm eating more foods that I make. I do drink my 8+ glasses of water a day as well. The passed week or two I have added more cardio to my workout, sooooo I'm hoping I'll start seeing a change.
    Anymore suggestions are welcome...thanks so much!!:flowerforyou:
  • FunMomof2
    Options
    UPDATE--This passed weekend I tried on a pair of pants I had bought about 5-6 months ago, which at that time they were tight in the hip area, WELL....I put them on this weekend for a date and they fit very well everywhere (except the waist was too big...lol)!!

I now see I have made a difference with inches and not pounds, so I am feeling much accomplished with the direction I am headed....a toned and thinner looking ME!! :happy:
  • FunMomof2
    Options
    I was eating a lot of the Lean Cuisines...but now trying to make my own foods.

What was your thought??
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Eat protein fat free it burns off
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Lean cusines and other packaged meals have a ton of sodium, which for many people is bad for weight loss. Glad you are giving them up, you can certainly make your own version much healthier.