Recording the 12WBT meakls on MFP

Options
freshbread
freshbread Posts: 3 Member
Hi all, I am starting my second round of 12 WBT this week and the first time I did it was Round 3 in 2010. I have kept all of the weight off from 2010 by using MFP! I am back to drop those last few pesky kgs plus really to get into better shape as the big 4-0 looms ahead.

So my question for you all is during the challenge do you accept Michelle's calorie count and enter into MFP as a quick calorie entry or so you itemise the food and let MFP calculate for you?

I am leaning towards the latter as some of the calorie counts depend on the brand you use - for example muesli this morning. What are others doing?

btw I am 'fresh bread' on here (my favourite food, lol) and De Haviland on 12 WBT
Cheers
Heidi

Replies

• margaretev
    margaretev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is a really good question. I have been taking the recipes entered in already as 'correct' and they do match with the calories Michelle has BUT I do think there a few of them I might enter myself during this round and put brand specific calories in. I don't want to sweat the small stuff, but if there is a saving to be made I am going to do it - lol.

Well done on your maintenance so far..

M
  • muttley27
    muttley27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I mainly use the ones entered already, if you weren't using MFP and just following the program how would you know the difference? the only work it out myself if I swap to my own food during the plan... eg different lunch etc.
  • MrsDougy1
    MrsDougy1 Posts: 5
    Options
    If I can save some cals I will too. lol.
    Depends on how much time I have. Mostly I trust MFP and Michelle's meal plans.
    The Previous poster is right, if we were not on MFP how would we know the different cals :wink:
  • freshbread
    freshbread Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    haha - I agree with the saving on calories. For example when I itemised lunch today (I used 50 g smoked salmon instead of tinned) my total was 183 calories - Michelle had 250! and my breakfast was 250 instead of 308. Right there I gained an extra 100+ calories....pedantic but last time I regularly went to about 1200-1300 calories a day and still lost just fine so I prefer not to be under the 1200. This is doubly true if I am feeling a bit peckish......or need that 100 ml of wine! But then sometimes I am lazy - like dinner tonight so I just popped in Michelle's amount.

Anyhow thanks for answering - its much nicer when one gets answers for food/calorie questions as I find it a bit annoying that questions asked on recipes rarely get answered. I think I commented on that last time when they requested feedback but looks like nothing changed in 18 months on that front. Oh well, at least the site is much more user friendly now.