Slippery Slope

Options
SarieCherries
SarieCherries Posts: 23 Member
Hey all,

Just writing for some calling myself out. I think I've been eating too much. My cut puts me right around 1950 calories (30 y/o female, 5'6" HIIT workouts 4 days a week, upper body weights on 2 of those, cardio only on two others, one rest day), but i've been eating upwards of 2100 to 2300 calories for the last few days.

I've been making excuses for myself, but the truth is that I think I'm just over-eating. I trust this process and know that fueling my body is the way to go, but I've given myself the go-ahead to just eat as much as my 6'1 husband which is part of what got me into this trouble in the first place.

Just because I am eating MORE to weigh LESS, doesn't mean I can just eat and eat and eat.

This week will be better. Mindfulness and better portion control. I'm not having trouble meeting my 1900s goal, its stopping before the 2300 that is getting tricky. The fine line of how I am eating vs how I was eating that got me big in the first place.

Any tips? Am I completely screwing myself over with the high calorie week? I need to be doing this right. I even opened my diary up to show you how bad I've been. :(

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It IS tricky. Heck, my cut is 2500 and I'm still going a little over I think. It's hard when your cut is SO CLOSE to your TDEE and you are ultimately guessing at your calories. I mean, there are 100 different answers to the calories for a peach. I put one in hoping it's close. I'm the queen of eating a little bit of my kids sandwich here and there. Not enough that I'd have ANY idea what the calories would be...but enough for it to count.

Did you ever do a reset? Maybe you should go up to TDEE for a few weeks?
  • jmmscccslp
    jmmscccslp Posts: 42
    Options
    Funny for me that you posted this because I was just about to do the same thing - call myself out for some accountability that is! I decided to do a reset along with a lot of other people last week. Apparently I was confused for the last few days between reset and diet break! what the heck was i thinking! Anyway, I'm reigning it back in to my reset which is 2300 for 3 more weeks. 2300 seemed like so much food 8 weeks ago. Now I'm passing that number right up! Anyway, just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel. I'm going to buckle down starting RIGHT NOW too! Let's do this!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this last night. When I started this 2500 was so much food. I felt awful. Now I'm just blazin' through it. LOL!
  • SarieCherries
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies! I'm glad I'm not alone, but hate that you are there with me, jmms. We got this though!!

graysmom, I never really did a full reset because I wasn't at a VLCD for too long before I came across this group. Its all about balance. Though I know one of the days last week I had to eat more just to make sure I didn't net below my BMR after a great workout day.

I remember thinking 1900 was a TON of food, now I'm all "easy, there!" by the end of the day!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I so know what you mean!!! I have faced the "slope" few times. I remember when eating cut was almost nauseating, and now, I eat TDEE and sometimes I could go over that too. I now do a high burn day on Saturdays and have absolutely no problem eating enough to net BMR (sometimes I net closer to TDEE:-).

But one thing that helps is even on the weekends, plan out your meals and snacks for the day. Make sure your macros are in line in the morning and eat at the appointed time. I know sometimes I let myself get peckish on the weekends and then make carb choices instead of carb with protein choices:frown:

Also, if you have been VLCD for a long time, you may need to just do a metabolic reset. Resetting higher means you may be able to do a smaller cut to start losing. I am at 2250 and I want to adjust my metabolic set point upward. I have been at 2250 going on five weeks and I am up in weight but down in bf%...I take that anyday! So,waiting it out for the full 8wks and then I will do a 10% cut instead of 15% for 4wks and watch. I just dont think I could handle 15% anymore...lol.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies! I'm glad I'm not alone, but hate that you are there with me, jmms. We got this though!!

graysmom, I never really did a full reset because I wasn't at a VLCD for too long before I came across this group. Its all about balance. Though I know one of the days last week I had to eat more just to make sure I didn't net below my BMR after a great workout day.

I remember thinking 1900 was a TON of food, now I'm all "easy, there!" by the end of the day!

I read this after my post. Ok, well if you have been cutting for 12wks, then it is good to take a diet break of TDEE for a week, then go back to cut.

Lucia
  • SarieCherries
    Options

I read this after my post. Ok, well if you have been cutting for 12wks, then it is good to take a diet break of TDEE for a week, then go back to cut.

Lucia

This makes sense. I haven't been eating at a cut for quite 12 weeks yet, so I think reigning it in for another 4 weeks and then eating at TDEE for a week will be the plan. Its so hard when everything in society and in my brain is all "WHAAAAA!!!! EAT LESS, FOOL!!!"