New...

Options
simplyciera
simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
Hi, I am from Delaware (elsmere) and am looking to lose the weight I gained after having my daughter. I was fairly active pre-pregnancy so losing the weight is fairly simple. I have a lot of exercise equipment in my house and I use for it about 2 hours a day or so. I love it. Losing the weight is going pretty well. I'm just trying to keep it up. Def looking for people that want to meet up and exercise. ;)

Yay.

Replies

• bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great job on the work out! I live in lower Delaware but maybe some others will see your post and you will find a workout partner. If not, just keep posting for moral support!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I joined this site 5-30-12 and was curious... so I thought I would try it out. I'm originally from Baltimore and lived in DE since '91. Lived in Claymont for 7yr until I moved to Bear in '98. Never thought i'd find my self having to diet but I lost 25lbs 11yrs ago. I guess I got too comfortable for my own good especially since I was always active playing basketball. I started running to lose the weight and 2 months later...all gone. I manage to keep overall most of it off over the yrs give or 5lbs here and there. I just decided to take off 10lbs for my own peace of mind (get back to 165). You can find me running @ Body Visions on rte 40 or @ Glasgow park on 896 daily. I push alot of ppl in the gym if they are beside me on the treadmill... so if you need a lil boost...feel free

I just completed my 2nd marathon...Baltimore '11 and my 1st was DE in '10
  • jak227
    jak227 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job about exercising every day for that long. I live in Newark and get to the Y there on my nights off from my part-time job. When the weather is nice, I walk at Glasgow Park and then go line dancing up in Claymont on Tuesday nights. Gotta keep it mixed up so I don't get bored. I'm now getting motivated to work out more and I was on treadmill last night for an hour and had the incline up more than usual.
  • lbmore33
    Options
    wow the "Y" you got big $$$$$$$$$ lol...alot of ppl dont like the treadmill but I like it for the fact my water is readily on hand. Outside is great just as well to get some fresh air. A lil tip as was told to me when I started running...if you run on the treadmill, put the incline on atleast 1.0...running on it normal is like running down hill...also either walk or run the more the incline the more calories burn... :smile:
  • bchthrpy
    Options
    Everyone is doing an awesome job on their workouts. I am still working out at home and since I live near the beach and the weather is better I hope to get back walking on it!

Keep in touch!
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Now that is motivation to get out there, nothing like a walk on the beach.....
  • jak227
    jak227 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need more motivation. Hopefully the new thyroid pill I got will work since the dosage is a little more. I'm going to the Y tonight for their group meeting to go over the different machines in the workout room. I went there the other night and had the incline on the treadmill up to 2.0. Now I'm working towards not holding on while I'm walking. Little by little, I'm improving. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!
  • bchthrpy
    Options
    Baby steps....one after another, each of us can do this...don't beat yourself up if you have a slack day, or you can't do what you think you should be doing. Today I went up to Jillian's Ripped in 30 Days Week 3 and I was huffing and puffing. I did what I could, modified what I couldn't, just kept moving and took a break when I had too. It's okay....we did not gain this weight overnight and we aren't going to lose it overnight either. :bigsmile:
  • lbmore33
    Options
    Baby steps....one after another, each of us can do this...don't beat yourself up if you have a slack day, or you can't do what you think you should be doing. Today I went up to Jillian's Ripped in 30 Days Week 3 and I was huffing and puffing. I did what I could, modified what I couldn't, just kept moving and took a break when I had too. It's okay....we did not gain this weight overnight and we aren't going to lose it overnight either. :bigsmile:

great post