Starting week FIVE!

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
I can't believe I'm going into week five of this already. Thanks to the mods for all their support. I honestly think what has kept me sane has been trying to ignore the gain. LOL. I haven't stepped on a scale, or worn anything but workout clothes and summer dresses. It has helped me not freak out. TOM is here right now, but I was thinking maybe I should start doing the occasional weigh in in a week or two? To see if I'm trending down?? If my numbers are right should I start seeing something moving (measurements etc) in the next 1-3 weeks?

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm going into week five of this already. Thanks to the mods for all their support. I honestly think what has kept me sane has been trying to ignore the gain. LOL. I haven't stepped on a scale, or worn anything but workout clothes and summer dresses. It has helped me not freak out. TOM is here right now, but I was thinking maybe I should start doing the occasional weigh in in a week or two? To see if I'm trending down?? If my numbers are right should I start seeing something moving (measurements etc) in the next 1-3 weeks?

Yes, thats the plan. Although Ive seen stories on here of it taking 8 weeks or more (sorry). Is the bloat starting to go down. I think if I were you I would wait until about a week after TOM.

Ive always been a daily weigher but the scale has much less of a hold on me than it used to. Ive learned there are.so many other ways of measuring progress and the scale can lie!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!

this post has me thinking of extending my "no-scale june" thru july...thanks to this group i altered my next goal from a set number to fitting into an old dress. i am feeling a "scale-free summer" ??????!!!!!!!!!!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm at about week 7 and I'm finally seeing the loss. I gained and held that gain. I wasn't happy about it at all, but I stuck with it. My clothes were so tight. I felt so bloated and huge. Then, last week I finally lost ONE pound. It felt like a miracle. One whole pound! It had been so long since I had seen any progress, I wanted to cry! Since then I've been trending downward all week. This morning (Monday is my official weigh in day), I was down THREE more pounds. I knew it wasn't a fluke because I've been watching the scale all week. Yes, I know I shouldn't weigh in every day, but I do. Bad habits are hard to break. I have learned to not get so freaked out by the number now. That's what these last 7 weeks have taught me.

So, stick with it. It does start to work. Just give it time... and then give it more time.

By the way, I was weighing over my starting weight...that's why my ticker doesn't reflect my recent loss.
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm at week 5 too, AND scale free :) I'm thinking I may weigh and measure on Friday to see where I stand. Not sure I want to, but I finally feel less bloated....I guess we will see then.
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm at about week 7 and I'm finally seeing the loss. I gained and held that gain. I wasn't happy about it at all, but I stuck with it. My clothes were so tight. I felt so bloated and huge. Then, last week I finally lost ONE pound. It felt like a miracle. One whole pound! It had been so long since I had seen any progress, I wanted to cry! Since then I've been trending downward all week. This morning (Monday is my official weigh in day), I was down THREE more pounds. I knew it wasn't a fluke because I've been watching the scale all week. Yes, I know I shouldn't weigh in every day, but I do. Bad habits are hard to break. I have learned to not get so freaked out by the number now. That's what these last 7 weeks have taught me.

So, stick with it. It does start to work. Just give it time... and then give it more time.

By the way, I was weighing over my starting weight...that's why my ticker doesn't reflect my recent loss.

Congrats on your loss! I am also week 5 with no luck. I am hoping I have your patience and it eventually begins to work for me as well. I may try upping my calories next week if nothing new happens this week so see if I am still underburning.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good stuff! I am on week three for eating more, but on week 1 on my reset.

Hope the scale will be moving down for you :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am in Week 7 and like you, can't believe it's been this long!

I've kept my commitment to stay off the scale and have no plans to get on soon!! (although there is a doctor's appt coming up sooooo....)

You are really hanging in there and I have watched you reach out for help when you were getting down on things~ GOOD FOR YOU!!

You got this, hon! Resist the temptation to "go backwards" to the "low calorie dark side". Stay in the "light" of the ENLIGHTENED!

Hugs cuz I've been rootin for ya all along!!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I am in Week 7 and like you, can't believe it's been this long!

I've kept my commitment to stay off the scale and have no plans to get on soon!! (although there is a doctor's appt coming up sooooo....)

You are really hanging in there and I have watched you reach out for help when you were getting down on things~ GOOD FOR YOU!!

You got this, hon! Resist the temptation to "go backwards" to the "low calorie dark side". Stay in the "light" of the ENLIGHTENED!

Hugs cuz I've been rootin for ya all along!!!

Ya'll are just AWESOME. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing, it's given me hope! I have to admit that I'm discouraged by the gain, even if it is only a little... I've been trying to ignore the scale but it's sure a hard habit to break! I'm on week 3 now, eating TDEE - 15% (workout 3-5 days a week, prob. burn about 1200-2000 cals a week) and feel thicker around the middle. After reading your post, I feel more positive that it'll work out and I, too, will eventually start to feel better and lose the weight. Patience has never been my strong point lol!

Thanks again, I will stop freaking out now :wink: