Lost the first 5 pounds!!!

Options
saral8981
saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
Lost my first 5 pounds using the EM2WL method!!! I was so excited when I got on the scale today. Did 5-6 weeks at the VLC 1200/day diet and saw NO results. In fact I GAINED on 1200 cals a day. Switched to the EM2WL, did the math and gained briefly then started losing. I couldn't be happier!! It DOES work. I have lost inches AND the scale went down. I will NEVER use a VLC diet again.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!

Dont forget, you need to recalculate your TDEE numbers every 5 lbs you lose! :)
  • saral8981
    Options
    I will do that right now, thanks!!!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    This is so awesome!!! Congrats!
  • saral8981
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I must say I was skeptical at first about Em2wl but it really does work!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I must say I was skeptical at first about Em2wl but it really does work!

Everyone is skeptical at first....the go "What I can eat food and lose weight? GTFO!" :) Hell I was skeptical at first
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! I am almost 1 week into my reset and anxious to see results.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    awesome!!

i skipped the whole skeptical part and went straight to "yay, i get to eat!!!!!"

i was just THAT excited about the eating, lol.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How long did it take you once you increased calories?
  • droidrunner
    droidrunner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    awesome!!

i skipped the whole skeptical part and went straight to "yay, i get to eat!!!!!"

^^^^^THIS.

Congratulations on your loss!!!!!
  • gjriddle
    gjriddle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! And THANK YOU for sharing -- you've just given me some serious inspiration on my day 1 of EM2LW plan! I cannot thank you enough! And congrats again!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    awesome!!

Haha me too!!!
  • saral8981
    Options
    That's great to hear! I am almost 1 week into my reset and anxious to see results.

The lifestyle change does work. How many weeks are you resetting for? My "planned" reset is in September, as long as I don't plateau before then.
  • saral8981
    Options
    Congratulations! How long did it take you once you increased calories?

not long, I lost 5 pounds in two weeks, started losing after the first week of increased calories. I was mentally prepared for it to take longer, as I had been warned that sometimes it takes a long time, or that I might need a full metabolism reset.
  • saral8981
    Options
    awesome!!

Love this! I was also excited to finally eat! I was tired of starving myself, and seeing NO results. I was ready to give up. Thats when I saw some posts by a few of the people in the EM2WL group, and was directed there.
  • saral8981
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know 5 pounds isn't much but it feels amazing to me. And if you are new to EM2WL I reccommend reading all the stickys and watching the youtube vids. They are very inspirational!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yay-awesome
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love it! Congrats!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    awesome congrats. I have been a week in since my last weigh in may 31. I lost 6 pounds.