Most accurate TDEE calculator

Options
thecazstewart
thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
I've been using Scoobyworkshop to calculate my TDEE and notice how low they are.

MFP calculates my BMR as 1428.

Scoobyworkshop calculates it as 1052. It gives me a TDEE of 1630. And to lose 15% fat (0.5 pounds per week) I should eat 1386 including my 3-5 exercise sessions.

I have a sedentary desk job, but I exercise 5 times per week (running, power walking and circuits).

I thought I should be eating 1600-1800 per day on the EMTWL philosophy but now I'm not so sure.

I've been eating a NET of 1500 per day for past 5 weeks and weight is still refusing to budge.

I continue to be confused as I still cannot find the correct instructions for me to successfully lose weight.

Caz

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Can you post up your stats?

Hieght,

Ill take a look

Thanks!

Mike
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    1052 seems pretty low. What are your stats? (age, current weight, height, hours of working out)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Any calculation you get is an estimate. Nothing is more accurate than trial & error.
  • thecazstewart
    Options

Hieght,

Ill take a look

Thanks!

Mike

________
    Height: 5'6"
    CW: 179 pounds
    GW: 160-165 pounds

Thanks Mike
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Scooby's fitness actually calculates your BMR as 1489 and TDEE (if you were sedentary) as 1786
    Based on moderate exercise, your TDEE would be closer to 2300
    Scooby's calculator is the most accurate one I have seen so far, although as UTR says, they are all estimates.

I think you may have input numbers incorrectly...
  • thecazstewart
    Options

Hieght,

Ill take a look

Thanks!

Mike

________
    Height: 5'6"
    CW: 179 pounds
    GW: 160-165 pounds

Thanks Mike

Oh and my exercise is:
    5-6 days per week of power waking, running and doing 1 hour boot camp per week
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Hey!

So secretlobster is correct:

I calculated your stats as:

BMR - 1489
    TDEE - 2307
    TDEE -15% - 1961

I would start at the 15% cut target for 6-8 weeks to see how your body responds. Also check all of the "What to expect posts" and lean on us for support!

Thanks,

Mike
  • thecazstewart
    Options
    Thanks Mike - and others - rookie error by entering my kilos into pounds section.

1961 cals per day including exercise and to make sure on heavy exercise days to never dip below my BMR.

I'm ready....I think!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Thanks Mike - and others - rookie error by entering my kilos into pounds section.

1961 cals per day including exercise and to make sure on heavy exercise days to never dip below my BMR.

I'm ready....I think!

Done deal!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I was wondering because Scooby always gave me a bigger number than any other site. I used to forget to switch male to female on sites....lol.