Jillian herself on the whole 1200 calories thing

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
Hi guys I was listening to the Jillian Michaels show on itunes this morning and hit on some great stuff -
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jillian-michaels-show/id418368811
-if you listen to the episode from 3/31/2012 (with Bob Harper) the last 15 minutes is all about how 1200 calories will NOT send you into "starvation mode", straight from the horse's mouth. It is a must listen, I love her show, she is hilarious and so is her producer Janice.

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have no opinion about "starvation mode" persay, but I do know that you need to eat a certain amount to lose weight in a healthy manner. 1200 might be the magic number for some people, but it's not one-size-fits-all. Just because Jillian says something doesn't make it the truth. And this is coming from a Jillian fan--I love her workouts--but she's not the final say in everything fitness/health.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It's true, I don't always agree with Jillian about everything either. Have a listen and decide for yourself!
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    Thank you for posting that link stephanj! I've subscribed to her podcasts and am loving them! :D I <3 Jillian =p
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'll have to listen to that!