Goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
tessanne10
tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
I have started to create goals for myself. I never would have done this before surgery. I want to eventually walk a 5k. I have already started to become more active, which is evident in my weight loss. I am starting to become more independent. I like the idea of all this, but I will admit it can be scary at times not knowing what the future is going to hold. I do know this it is definitely going to be an adventure.

Replies

• beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ithink that is a really great idea. I think that it will also help you to stay focused and on track. Being able to walk a 5k is awesome.
  • blueyednurse06
    Options
    I have an old pair of jeans hanging in my closet that I can see... those are my goal right now. :)
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a size 14 shorts that I want to be in by June and Hoping by the end of July for my nieces wedding to be in a size 12 dress. :smile:
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I purchased a party dress at Kohl's that is a size 12, when it fits, I'm purchasing new shoes too! I can almost get it zipped up! can't wait!!!
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wrote down a whole list. I'm also writing down when I accomplish them. Wear my wedding ring again -- check!

I want to walk and then run a 5K!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's so wonderful to hear everyone's goals!! My goal is to become a personal trainer to help women over 40 like myself. I need to work on that this summer!! : )
  • tessanne10
    Options
    I love the input from everyone! I also want to do something to help others who are in the same situation that we all have been in, but not quite sure where to start or how to go about it. So I guess you could say that is another goal for me. There are times at night that I just want to be lazy and not walk, but my dog expects it, so we always take a short walk at night and yes I always feel better after I do it.
    I have also started back to my support group here at Gilda's to help deal with my dad's death a year ago and that went really well. I have also noticed little things, like being able to cross my legs without really trying. Better attitude about life in general.
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I bought a claret red satin strapless dress at White House/Black Market in a size 14. It. Is. GOR. JUS. I have never worn it. I bought it for a concert I was performing in and by the time the concert got here, I had ballooned out of it... I was bitterly disappointed.. so it's been quietly waiting in my closet for over a year now..

I want to wear it. I want to surprise my BF with it (he doesn't know I own it).. That's my pre-onederland goal. I have to get back to my depression weight of 215 to zip that bad boy up -- this time sans depression.. and I plan to have nicely toned arms and back, too!

I guess that's, like, five goals.. but that's okay, too.

Stef
  • tessanne10
    Options
    I'm finding having goals are definitely good!!! It doesn't matter how big or small they are, because they all count no matter what.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    my STG is to be under 200 lbs by JUne 1st..totally doable, I am 204 right now.
    I have a goal which I am gonna work on tomorrow of biking the 14 miles areound the peninsule...if you wonder about where I live, look up PresqueIsle erie pa, and you will see what I get to bike around, just gorgeous.
    And like everyone I have a gress I bought at the army, that when I bought it I couldnt gt it over my hips, now its over my hips, but still dont fit, I plan on fitting that dress by July, provided my boobs fit in it, the boobage area looks kinda small.....

and when all is said and done, I will have plastic surgery, with a boob lift, and some botox in my face I look like I am angry all the time, and I really am not....hell that botoc may happen before all is said and done aka reaching goal weight.

Hugs to all
  • Elizabeth360
    Elizabeth360 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have several goals I've set even though I'm still about a month out from having bypass.
    1) Complete a charity walk
    2) Walk across the Golden Gate bridge with my family
    3) Try a rock climbing wall
    4) Wear a size 12 comfortably
    5) Be able to do a 10-minute mile without killing myself!
    6) Join an indoor soccer team
    7) Go to Disneyland (and be able to ride the rides comfortably)!

And of course...
    8) Make it through my surgery and life afterwards with grace and panache!

Feel free to friend me :)
  • tessanne10
    Options
    Everyone has some really great goals! I am always looking for new ones. I went and had my very first pedicure last week and I will definitely do this again!
    I'm volunteering to work on my class reunion, something I would never have done before..
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I had some goals in mind but I think after reading this I'm going to set a few of them to paper. I don't think I'll set deadlines or date goals just achievement goals. Like a few others here I am very close to ONEderland and so that will be at the top of the list. When I get it done I may come back and post it just to share. Thanks for inspiring me!
  • tessanne10
    Options
    I find that now with every pound I lose, that there is something else I want to do that I never did before, because of the weight. I was thrilled a couple of weeks ago when I bought single digit underwear instead of the double digits. I went shopping the other day and bought a blouse that looks really good on me and it is an extra large!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It seems to be the little things make me the happiest right now.
    I have been having alot of issues with my lower back again and it makes walking the way I want to almost impossible, so I'm checking on other forms of exercise and I see my surgeon this week, so I'm going to run them by him and see what he says.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to clean out my closet and get rid of everything that is too big. I worked on that today and set up a pick-up date for later this week. I have gotten rid of so many things- some of them were too small and they still have the tags on them, now they are too big. I just wanted to hang on to them, just in case.... I finally decided that that is not a good thing to do. I also want work on losing just a couple more pounds over the summer. Summer is usually a tough time for me with all of the yummy food.

It was so good to read all of your goals. Everyone seems to be doing so well, and seems to have a positive outlook for the future.
  • Napjeeper
    Napjeeper Posts: 36
    Options
    I keep a couple of shirts that are just out of my range hanging on the wall in my office/workout room. It helps remind me why I'm on that damn treadmill. :)
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow - had not thought of verbalizing goals. I am having the LapBand surgery on 6/28. Here are a couple (short term) for right now.

Tell my sister and stepdaughters I am having surgery - almost done - one stepdaughter to go.
    Make it thru surgery with no issues
    Manage the first 3- 4 weeks of post-op diet (still scares me - but I can do this)
    Get to Onederland - that is 41 pounds from today....

Go thru all of the skinny clothes I have from a previous weight loss (which I gained back) and find 'new' things to wear...

Oh this is so exciting!

Geri