Options
nikki_att84
nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
how many calories do u intake??

Replies

• ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    I am in maintenance mode so my calories are 1750. My doc told me eat 1200 calories a day. I could only do that for a short period of time because I get grouchy and lethargic eating 1200 or fewer calories. I am ascribing to the thought process that I should eat the maintenance calorie intake for the wieght I want to be at so that is where my calories are set right now.
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    how much were u eating when u werent on maintenance..for u to lose weight?? im eating 1200 cals..im wonderin if thats to much or not enough!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    I had a point in time that I was very diligent about everything I ate, calories around 1200 i guess but I wasn't on this site actually tracking. My mind at that time was if something wasn't nutritionally worth the calories I did not eat it because it wasn't worth it. I exercised 60 minutes a day 5 days a week. I lost 30 pounds in three months like that with the help of my band of course. Those three months took me out of the 200's (my band was the tightest it has ever been). I started tracking shortly after that and I stayed around 1200 (doctor recommended) but would bump it up to around 1300 calories.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1200 calories for me, even though MFP says I should eat more. I've been doing well for two weeks and have lost about 7 pounds total. We'll see how it goes long term.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    1200 is what I shoot for. Some days when I work out extra hard I go over that.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This is where I am confused. MFP says 1800 per day, which is insane! There's no way I can do that.
    So have been shooting for 1200 and didn't loose squat when I did P90X for 6 weeks. I have not made it known everywhere
    that I have the lapband because I dont feel its necessary but I dont want to be dizzy and not feel good after work outs either.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am no longer logging my calories- I hope to keep maintaining without the logging. When I was logging, I tried to stay at about 1200 calories a day. I did not eat my exercise calories back. I also exercise 60 minutes 5-6 days a week. The closer I got to my goal, the harder it was to lose.