Finding the Time to Workout while taking care of kiddies

Options
I truly get my workout in whenever I can in the day. I have 5 kiddies under the age of 7 yo. 2 of them go to school, while I take care of my 3 younger ones and manage my home based fitness business.

I make my workouts non negotiable and get them in where I can. Sometiemes it will be super early in the morning before they wake up, in the afternoon when they are all down for a nap, or late at night when they are finally hitting the sack. Phew! I'm currently doing P90X2 which requires at least 1 hr of time a day-and I make sure I get it done! No excuses!

When do you guys work out and how much time can you squeeze in for your workout?

Replies

• dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, but my workouts are primarily walking dogs. I walk my dogs daily and go to an Animal Shelter a couple times a week to walk dogs.
  • ninacarr
    ninacarr Posts: 6
    Options
    They are adorable!!!! So is walking your only form of exercise right now? What are you fitness goals?
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Walking is mostly what I do for exercise, but in my neighborhood that usually means hiking. I live on North Mountain, so our walk is normally up in the mountains. I don't have specific fitness goals really.
  • desiree24
    desiree24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same position as you.. I have 4 kids that are 6yrs, 3yrs, 1yr and my 2 week old :) And today was my first day trying to get any type of exercise in and I did it while my newborn was sleeping and the others were watching a movie... but I plan to start putting them to bed a little earlier than I usually do so that I can work out before I go to sleep :) It's really hard to find the time when you have a lot of young kids but hopefully my plan works out :)
  • harasl702
    harasl702 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I'm in graduate school and struggle to fit the workouts in throughout the week. I need to work on prioritizing my workouts before school and other things! Any good at home workout recommendations?
  • ninacarr
    ninacarr Posts: 6
    Options
    I workout from home and did Insanity, P90X, TurboFire an snow doing P90X2. Let me know how I can help. I'm also a Beachbody Coach.:) what are your fitness goals?
  • JilleBean82
    JilleBean82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, 9, 7, 4 and the best time for me is at night. Yes I'm tired and don't want to but thats where dedication comes into play. I will do my fit test for Insanity tomorrow and then that is DONE! I'm so excited that I actually finished it. I plan on taking a few days off, going back to just running for a week or two and then starting tapout xt. I feel like its all about priorities, yes your kids should be priority #1, but they need their mom to be around too and that means taking time for you!! Can't wait to get to know this group!!
  • acdiaz15
    Options
    I have an 8month old and I have to have at least 4 workouts a week. I live in tucson and I hate having to get up early in the morning. My son doesn't sleep, he will nap for 30 minutes and be awake for hours. He still wakes up about 2-3 times a night when he's not sick. I struggle with working out and eating right. My goals are to lose 50lb. I have a friend helping me count calories and I am just looking for more support and different exercise routines.