Vascularity questions

Options
blonde71
blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
1. Is it normal to have uneven vascularity in your arms? My right bicep has a very prominent vein showing even when in a relaxed state while my left one hardly shows at all. I'm also wondering if the fact that my right side is my dominant side has anything to do with it. I realize that some of vascularity is genetic and even at higher body fat levels I had a little vascularity but not to this degree. I had to get below a certain body fat percentage before I noticed them in my upper arms.

2. Just out of curiosity, is noticeable vascularity (not bulging, snakelike veins) on a female something that men find unattractive?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yes..

Vascularity is a function of 3 things. Muscle size, body fat levels, and subcutaneous water. (and perhaps temperature).

It's normal to have both more muscle and/or fat on one side of the body.

And to answer your question. No, natural vascularity on a very fit woman is attractive to a man who also takes care of himself (IMO) . Of course, to the average Joe, not really sure. But I find it sexy because I know how hard it is to improve vascularity as a man. Its actually a great indicator of progress.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    1. Look at the veins on the back of your hands, they're not identical on both sides either.

2. Not me. Get some vascularity in your abs, and I might even buy you a drink.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I think it's whatever.
    I don't think a girl has to/needs to be vascular for me to be attracted to her.
  • blonde71
    Options
    Yes..

Vascularity is a function of 3 things. Muscle size, body fat levels, and subcutaneous water. (and perhaps temperature).

It's normal to have both more muscle and/or fat on one side of the body.

And to answer your question. No, natural vascularity on a very fit woman is attractive to a man who also takes care of himself (IMO) . Of course, to the average Joe, not really sure. But I find it sexy because I know how hard it is to improve vascularity as a man. Its actually a great indicator of progress.

Good to know it's perfectly normal to have uneven vascularity.

I actually thought it was a indicative of progess as well.
  • blonde71
    Options
    1. Look at the veins on the back of your hands, they're not identical on both sides either.

2. Not me. Get some vascularity in your abs, and I might even buy you a drink.

I never thought of that but you're right, the veins on my hands are not identical.

I have some veins starting on my lower abs (faintly) but I didn't mention that as I thought it was TMI.
  • blonde71
    Options
    I think it's whatever.
    I don't think a girl has to/needs to be vascular for me to be attracted to her.

Nice to know that men aren't necessarily turned off by vascularity - I guess it depends on the individual.
  • TrainLikeaBOSS
    Options
    it is different in every body part. the leaner you get the more it comes out. there is also things you can take to bring it out more, like argenine and N.O.
  • blonde71
    Options
    it is different in every body part. the leaner you get the more it comes out. there is also things you can take to bring it out more, like argenine and N.O.

I'd heard that but I notice it's really pronounced when I reduce my sodium intake and am in a fasted state - i.e. - upon waking in the morning.

I'm kind of digging the bicep one but the ones that are starting on my lower abs - meh...
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Temperature, blood circulation, leanness, and hydration are major factors. One of the advantages of being really pale is that veins contrast much better
  • blonde71
    Options
    Temperature, blood circulation, leanness, and hydration are major factors. One of the advantages of being really pale is that veins contrast much better

All true and I avoid the sun altogether so I'm quite fair-skinned.

Like I said, the arm ones are cool but the ab ones - I'm on the fence about, lol. Maybe it's different for guys though.