suggestions

Options
suzclark66
suzclark66 Posts: 13 Member
I recently started Medifast...with my job I am in my car driving from home to home. I really like the soups or other hot meals they have...has anyone tried just adding hot water to them? Will they still taste okay. I could bring mug and got to QT and they have hot water. Just curious. Also open for any other suggestions. I'm afraid I am going to get bored with the program if I don't get some hot meals in.

Replies

• nstratton_1
    nstratton_1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All you really need is boiling water - for alot of the hot meals.

But, beware... the meals will be better if you first dissolve them and let them soak in cold tap water...then add boiling water as a remainder right before eating it.

I have travelled very successfully with MF - I've used the boiling water technique with the oatmeal, hot cocoa and soups.

I'd recommend that you prepare some of the hot meals ahead of time using less water and regular temp water, put them in a thermos. This would allow them to soak in regular temp water BEFORE you add boiling hot water. When you're ready to eat, add boiling water. Sloppy joe, chili, chicken noodle soup, chicken & wild rice soup, hot cocoa should all "travel" well. I've even used hot coffee in the hot cocoa - and I imagine that hot tea would go well with the chai latte.

Good luck! Will be interested in hearing how it works out for you.
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I throw the chicken noodle soup, and 1 cup of hot water from my hot water dispenser into a thermos and let it sit for a few hours. Then I just take it out and eat it and it's still hot and very cooked. I like it better that way compared to the way it says to cook it in the directions. This could work nicely if you take it to work. If it gets too cold by the time you eat it, you could just stop at a QT and microwave it (outside of the thermos, of course! :)