Running guy

Options
cmh806
cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
Any runners in there 40's running better than they did in their 20's and 30's? I have run multiple marathons and am planning more but my running has evolved to a more patient and thought out process. I used to just shoot out of the gate, run as hard as I could and then die.I don't over analyze it but I can measure my results better by what I eat and how much rest I get. Sometimes I think the Texas heat slows me down or I sometimes fear it age but then we have a cool day and I run like a crazy man. Any thoughts?

Replies

• marshamccorkle
    Options
    I am trying to build up to running. I have been walking 5 miles for the last 3 years. I can now run a half a mile. I find it easier to do in the winter, the heat has been brutal here. Any suggestions?
  • cmh806
    cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Walking 5 miles is fantastic. There is the run/walk method that I read about from time to time in Runners World (runnersworld.com). That is a great non-intimidating magazine that does a really good job of cover people that are just starting out to experienced runners. There is another guy you can Google named John Bingham(The Penguin) that is a believer in the running slow and enjoying it aspect. I love running and once you get into it, you will understand. Running a half mile is a great start, don't stop!