I eat like a pig!

Options
irunsf85
irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
Ever since I started EM2WL, I've upped my calories to about 1700-1800. During most meals, it actually seems like I eat MORE than everyone sitting at the table. Even more so than my 6'2" tall boyfriend who is normal in weight I'm only 5'2". . Of course, I pick more nutrient dense foods that allow me to eat more. I think most people look at the size of my salads at lunch and my plate at dinner and get a little scared. LOL! Any of you have this reaction from others?

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yes! Oh good grief. Are you sure you can eat that? Wow that's a big salad! When I was on weight watchers we couldn't do that. That's a lot of meat! I tell them, 43 lbs. gone, 17 inches and strength gains. Yes, I can eat that much!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    a very large co-worker told me I was "being naughty" the other day when she saw all the food I was eating!

I told her it was the only way I could get all my calorie requirements in, otherwise I'd loose to much to fast...
    her expression was priceless:noway:

bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm eating more food and every 2-3 hrs. I'm eating at full TDEE to do a reset and have gained weight (as expected) in the process. My clothes are fitting too snug. So, people who know my lifelong dieting addiction are a little freaked out: I'm eating more and gaining....hello?!

But, I ignore it all...waiting for things to kick in for me so that I can explain how eating more has led to my success. Waiting to achieve that moment.
  • irunsf85
    Options
    I think most people who see the amount I eat are thinking in their heads, "she's gonna getting fat eating as much as she does!"
  • cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Same here - I seem to barely stop eating at work - for lunch I'll have sandwiches, salad and soup and then 3 hours later (sometimes earlier) I'm rustling away gettnig nuts and seeds out which drives the others mad.

No one's been brave enough to comment yet :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old on Saturday: "Let me get this straight, you're going to eat All of that?"
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got accused of having a tapeworm recently. Have to admit it kinda cheesed me off at the time.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've always been able to eat more than anyone else at the table, even when I was at 95 lbs. Now that I've upped my calories after destroying my metabolism, my (large, male) coworkers just stare at the contents of my lunchbox with open mouths!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I eat more than my boyfriend. Today for lunch he packed a small turkey sandwich with mustard and no cheese, and a banana. His breakfast was a tiny bowl of cereal with skim milk. Yesterday for dinner he came home with a small salad and triscuits. Even though he runs and lifts weights on machines at the gym every other day, he will never lose fat and gain muscle if he follows this nutritional plan.

I'm eating full-fat yogurt, 1900+ calories a day, losing fat and maintaining muscle mass.

YES absolutely it makes me self-conscious too, and I hate comments from other people...But it's working. I lost 2lbs of fat so far and my abs are starting to shine through. I have one particularly annoying coworker who will eat half a wrap for lunch and then complain about being soooo full. Let them hate you for it, an active body needs a lot of quality fuel :)
  • irunsf85
    Options
    Woohoo!! Way to go guys! Isn't it great to be eating more than everyone else and be losin weight while they stare at you and think you're doing the opposite? I internally laugh and say "Suck it!!". Okay. Maybe im a horrible person. Mwahaha.

I think what they don't realize is that even though we're making healthier choices with our foods (more fruits and veggies) so that allows us to pile our plate up! I have a lady at work whose been trying to lose weight for the longest time. She also eats a salad every day but dumps a whole bottle of dressing on it....

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Totally agree, quality food makes a big difference. My lunch is usually a GIANT salad with either chicken or steak. I'm not particularly anti-carbs but now that bread is a relatively rare part of my diet, I can eat a lot more.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Haha, yes! My hubby calls me a honey badger, lol.

Remember, you don't eat like a pig, you eat like an athlete!!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I get it from all sides because I'm still fat. I've been told on MFP I'm not 'allowed' to help anyone else because I'm not some paragon of fitness. I've also been told here I'll get even fatter from eating 2300 cals a day. Uhm no- because my TDEE is 2500+. When I grocery shop- Hubby needs calorie dense foods and so do I. The looks I get when I buy full fat cottage cheese- you wouldn't think a nose could get that long to look down but some folks have it to an art.

Really- I laugh, brush it off and see it for what it is- fear. They are afraid. We all are of something. Some are scared to see a fat person because they fear fat (some parents really suck at their job). Some don't want to get close to a fat person because in middle school the bully made fun of fat people and they now fear being grouped in with 'uncool' people. Others fear not feeling confident so they put others down in a vain attempt to feel a gaping hole in their soul. Some are afraid of being wrong all these years about how much to eat and lose weight- they were always the 'go to' person for good information and they've built a lot of their personality around that trait- so they're terrified to lose it.

We don't know their reasons- but it almost always comes out as fear.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! My mom teases me about being on a diet (but I'm sure has made previous comments about my weight gain). We spent the weekend at her house and she made her usual foods for everyone. Pancakes and syrup, fried sausages, cheese tortellini, fried fried, butter butter, cheese, skipping meals. But I made my own foods all weekend instead, and begged her not to take offense. On Saturday night, I was saying how excited I was for dinner because I was SO HUNGRY. She says "How can you possibly be on a diet? You have been eating all day, and I've only had breakfast. I'm gaining weight, and you're losing weight. I can't believe you're hungry, because I'm not feeling hungry at all. Strange."

Metabolism, food choices, diligence.

Better than when I first started on MFP, before I read all about EM2WL and was eating LESS than my toddler. Now I eat more than my mother. ROFL Clocked in another 1/2 lbs loss this week!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    yup...my husband just borrowed my Body Media Fit for the day...I think he's trying to see if he's allowed to eat as much as me! :laugh: He's kinda surprised that I burn as much as I do. (he doesn't work out like I do so he figures he's on the lower end of the food allowance scale)
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I eat more than my boyfriend. Today for lunch he packed a small turkey sandwich with mustard and no cheese, and a banana. His breakfast was a tiny bowl of cereal with skim milk. Yesterday for dinner he came home with a small salad and triscuits. Even though he runs and lifts weights on machines at the gym every other day, he will never lose fat and gain muscle if he follows this nutritional plan.

I'm eating full-fat yogurt, 1900+ calories a day, losing fat and maintaining muscle mass.

YES absolutely it makes me self-conscious too, and I hate comments from other people...But it's working. I lost 2lbs of fat so far and my abs are starting to shine through. I have one particularly annoying coworker who will eat half a wrap for lunch and then complain about being soooo full. Let them hate you for it, an active body needs a lot of quality fuel :)

My boyfriend and I are at odds with each other as well. He strongly believes that eating very minimal calories is the way to lose weight the healthy way. His goal is 6 pack abs and so far has not been able to lose the small layer of belly fat even though hes very thin already and has dropped even more weight.

I'd like us both to be on the same page in regards to weight loss. Not quite sure how to get him to understand he won't achieve what he wants eating 700 - 1000 cals a day. Has your bf questioned your success so far and the differences between what you both are doing?
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I get it from all sides because I'm still fat. I've been told on MFP I'm not 'allowed' to help anyone else because I'm not some paragon of fitness. I've also been told here I'll get even fatter from eating 2300 cals a day. Uhm no- because my TDEE is 2500+. When I grocery shop- Hubby needs calorie dense foods and so do I. The looks I get when I buy full fat cottage cheese- you wouldn't think a nose could get that long to look down but some folks have it to an art.

I deal with this at home almost daily. I'm heavier than my boyfriend and have been told for months while I wasn't losing weight that I need to eat less calories and I must be cheating. I started this at 1900 cals and in the last 8 days have gone for 170 to 168. It's working.. I just want it to work faster so I can stop hearing the negativity and prove him wrong :)
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have been eating more as well. my family is surprised I would lose weight eating more but then I was eating way under my calories too. so that makes a big difference.
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My husband is actually excited that I am eating more, and allowing for a treat here or there. He lifts so he understands. He is over the moon that I am lifting also.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are at odds with each other as well. He strongly believes that eating very minimal calories is the way to lose weight the healthy way. His goal is 6 pack abs and so far has not been able to lose the small layer of belly fat even though hes very thin already and has dropped even more weight.

I'd like us both to be on the same page in regards to weight loss. Not quite sure how to get him to understand he won't achieve what he wants eating 700 - 1000 cals a day. Has your bf questioned your success so far and the differences between what you both are doing?

I don't think you're going to make much of a dent in his horrible eating habits. He'll figure out that what he's doing isn't working. When he sees YOUR six pack abs, maybe he'll figure out that you're right, but men can be really stubborn, especially when it comes to following the example of a female.

We don't clash over this at all because we don't really talk about it. He does what works for him (or doesn't work) and I do my own thing. He's never made a comment about how much I eat, mercifully!