Clothes!!

Options
I recently cleaned out my closet and removed all of my larger clothes. Any ideas on how to purchase clothes that will fit numerous sizes? I hope to stick to dresses this summer...

Do you think a lot of people sell their old clothes on ebay?

Replies

• CruellaClo
    CruellaClo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes they sell clothes on Ebay and Craigslist. I also found out that you have better luck selling clothes by the lot... so put some pieces together. LIke 5 shirts and set the price accordingly.

I have been going to resale shops for new clothes. Since I don't know how long I will be in a size I don't want to spend too much on clothes right now. I have found some really nice stuff. I have also hit a few thrift stores for transitional clothes.

It's a happy problem to have.
  • Lisa4030
    Lisa4030 Posts: 23
    Options
    I cant wait until I can hit up the thrift stores.....all the clothes I find at thrift stores are sizes 20-22, so once I get down to there I will go crazy looking for something cute. Right now for me, strech pants with pull string, and I also found some cute capri styles have draw-strings on them too. Good Luck Chica,
    xoxo
    Lisa
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sticking to dresses is a good plan. I shopped at Goodwill. I always had 3 pairs of dress pants and one pair of jeans on hand. I usually found dress pants without pockets so I could take them in easily up the sides. Belts were also important. I even drilled extra holes in them to make them last longer. I wore clothes as long as I could until they looked completely silly. I went down about a size a month, from a size 34W to my current size 6.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i have sold(and bought)loads on ebay honey go for it!! have have about £200.00 saved ready when i have finished losing! just from selling my old huge clothes!! lol :bigsmile:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been going to Goodwill and Salvation Army for clothes. On Saturdays my local Salvation Amy has a certain tage color that are 49 cents a pc. I look for those. I have bought sizes 14, 16 and 18's to fit in as I loose. I am only out 49 cents if they don't fit and will just give them to my Mom or donate them back to Salvation Army. Goodwill has some good deals too. Check your town for church resale shops too. I have never bought clothes from places like these but I am not going to pay for clothes that I will only fit in for 2-3 weeks. I lost 47 pre op and most of my pants don't fit in my closet and I have 2 pairs of jeans that still fit and tops still fit since those you can wear more loose for a while. I have tried to shrink thing in the washer/dryer but of course when you want them to shrink they won't!!! LOL!
    My bariatric program had a clothing swap in May but there wasn't many clothes in 18 or 16 mainly 20 and up and 3x 4x tops. They will have another swap in the fall.
    I am going to take my clothes that are too big to consignment stores to see if I can make some money on them cause they are mostly new and in very good shape.