Phase 3

Options
When you ladies get to phase 3, let me know!

Just a heads up....the hardest weeks are 9 and 10....I thought I was gonna die at times.....but I made it through....and you will too :smile:

I am half way through week 11......the finish line is just around the corner.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I will answer as best as I can :smile:

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options

Just a heads up....the hardest weeks are 9 and 10....I thought I was gonna die at times.....but I made it through....and you will too :smile:

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I will answer as best as I can :smile:
    I just started Phase 2!!! Way to go for you and I can't wait to hear about your results!!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options

It's awesome to hear from someone who is in phase 3.
    Have you lost a lot of weight/inches?
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Please dont tell me that!!!! I am so scared of phase III. Not so much the workouts cause after Insanity I know I can take it. BUT the eating!!! All that carb cycling. I'm gonna need help getting the macros right. Can I see your diary???
  • lauri78
    lauri78 Posts: 19
    Options
    I lost about 10 pounds from weeks 1-7. Since then I've gained 3 pounds back (muscle mass I'm thinking).
    The proof of my hard work is shown in how much my body has changed! I am very lean and muscular.
    My arms and shoulders are so toned....( They are my favourite part) :)
    I had to go shopping today because nothing fits me properly anymore!
    I am not exaggerating when I say my boobs are half the size they used to be (my least favorite part),
    also I went down 3 inches in my waist size. I went from a size 9 to a size 6! I was so happy today shopping.... Things fit.... Properly!

Yes, the carb cycling is tricky if you like carbs like I do.

Itslessofme.... I added you as a friend... Feel free to check out my diary.
    It's pretty simple actually.... Tons of vegetables, lean protein, and some dairy.
    It's best to stay away from fruit, bread, and pasta. The carbs add up quickly, so it really comes down to proper planning ;)
    You'll do great :)
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! Congratulations, it sounds like you were really successful with her program. It definitely inspires me too. Thank you for sharing the good news.:smile:
  • debwaid
    Options
    WTG Lauri!!! I am so excited for you!!!
  • ckidd311
    ckidd311 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 12th week currently and I'm down to 15.8% body fat. My goal is 15% so I am very close :) When I started this program, I was close to 19%

Does anyone else feel like 6 days is a lot to commit to the gym? I am sticking with it for the program, but once it's over, I want to go back to 4-5 days at the gym. I feel like that is a good balance for me. I don't feel like I'm ALWAYS in the gym with 4-5 days and I feel like I have plenty of time to do other things that are important to me - like spending time with my friends and family.

So now I need to figure out what to do once this is over. Is it possible to still maintain my BF% and only be in the gym that often?

Thoughts / suggestions?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    6 days was a lot! I picked my plan now because it is only 3 days per week. But ckidd, your bodyfat was low at 19%, how do you do it?
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    I'm in the 12th week currently and I'm down to 15.8% body fat. My goal is 15% so I am very close :) When I started this program, I was close to 19%

Does anyone else feel like 6 days is a lot to commit to the gym? I am sticking with it for the program, but once it's over, I want to go back to 4-5 days at the gym. I feel like that is a good balance for me. I don't feel like I'm ALWAYS in the gym with 4-5 days and I feel like I have plenty of time to do other things that are important to me - like spending time with my friends and family.

So now I need to figure out what to do once this is over. Is it possible to still maintain my BF% and only be in the gym that often?

Thoughts / suggestions?

I agree, I've been unable to commit to that, especially when you are giving so much in phase 2.
    My solution has also been doing 3 days on 1 off, 3 on one off on a regular basis, if I need/want an extra day off, I've been taking it and just picking up where I left off. That's been working pretty good for me wink
    I'd find what works best for you and what routine will be most affective for you and go with that.
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of Phase 3... My gosh, those workouts wipe. me. out.

At the end of Phase 2, I was 23.5% body fat. I'm hoping to get to 21% by the end of Phase 3, before either starting over or starting my own lifting/cardio program based on what I've learned from LiveFit.

Anyone else working on Phase 3 right now?
  • debwaid
    Options
    Awesome for you Anna! I restarted, just finished up Phase 1 again and will be doing Phase 2 on Monday! I still have more weight to lose! I have entertained doing some other kind of lifting program as well, just haven't decided on one yet! I'm also doing the 30 Day Shred M-F, 10 days at each level. Tomorrow will be Day 6, Level 1. I'm hoping this will drop some weight!

Good luck, you should be able to hit your body fat goal!
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you Anna! I restarted, just finished up Phase 1 again and will be doing Phase 2 on Monday! I still have more weight to lose! I have entertained doing some other kind of lifting program as well, just haven't decided on one yet! I'm also doing the 30 Day Shred M-F, 10 days at each level. Tomorrow will be Day 6, Level 1. I'm hoping this will drop some weight!

Wow! You're doing 30DS AND LiveFit!? You must be super busy! There's no way you won't see results!

The only thing that kind of scares me is that carb-cycling part of Phase 3, which I start on Tuesday. It's not so much the eating low carb, but doing it 5 days in a row. Right now I'm struggling to get 150g of protein in every day and the calculator for me says to eat 245g on low carb days. Oof.

I'd like to get to a point where I'm not consuming as much protein powder. 1) it's expensive and 2) I'm sure "natural" protein sources are better for you... But if I have to get in 245g of protein, I need to find some new recipes!
  • debwaid
    Options

Wow! You're doing 30DS AND LiveFit!? You must be super busy! There's no way you won't see results!

The only thing that kind of scares me is that carb-cycling part of Phase 3, which I start on Tuesday. It's not so much the eating low carb, but doing it 5 days in a row. Right now I'm struggling to get 150g of protein in every day and the calculator for me says to eat 245g on low carb days. Oof.

I'd like to get to a point where I'm not consuming as much protein powder. 1) it's expensive and 2) I'm sure "natural" protein sources are better for you... But if I have to get in 245g of protein, I need to find some new recipes!
    I'm hoping to see results! Lol
    That is a lot of protein! Lots of egg whites, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, turkey, fish and lean beef! Powders are expensive but so darn convenient! I've started having an iced coffee mixed with almond milk, coffee and protein powder as my post workout meal! For me it's trying to keep meals from being boring and with plenty of protein!
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Started Phase 3 yesterday. I couldn't do as many reps of each thing as planned, but I made it through! And I feel awesome today. I realize I have absolutely no muscle endurance, although that's obviously about to change. Next time I do this program I'm hitting Phase 2 twice for sure, and actually doing the cardio - I was terrible about that. Tonight I start the sprints. Kinda scared, but excited, too!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Started Phase 3 yesterday. I couldn't do as many reps of each thing as planned, but I made it through! And I feel awesome today. I realize I have absolutely no muscle endurance, although that's obviously about to change. Next time I do this program I'm hitting Phase 2 twice for sure, and actually doing the cardio - I was terrible about that. Tonight I start the sprints. Kinda scared, but excited, too!
    Way to go Tasha!!
  • ashlyons711
    ashlyons711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started phase 3 yesterday and it was killer! My legs are so sore today. I felt silly doing some of the plyo moves in the gym but oh well! Here's to the next month!
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I felt silly doing the plyo too! But eventually I decided I don't care, they can all stare, and then stare a little more as they watch me transform before their eyes lol