For those of you wondering what to do after JMBR....

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
I kind of cheated and didn't finish the last 1.5 weeks of JMBR because I was just too anxious to start my new program (plus I couldn't hack doing workouts 11 and 12 again for a 3rd week...LOL)

I'm almost done with my first week of ChaLEAN Extreme and I LOVE it!!! I was going to do a hybrid schedule with TurboFire but decided to really focus on the strength training at this point so I'll be doing maybe 2-3 TF workouts and the rest CLX workouts, with a mix of swimming and bike riding thrown in.

The CLX program is all about heavy lifting....more so than JMBR. It is not circuit training but solely strength training on the days you lift heavy. No jumping, no intense cardio on those days. The cardio days...yes, they are intense but so was JMBR so it won't shock your system.

I'm lifting so much heavier than I ever thought I could. And my muscles are feeling sore again...such a great feeling.

So, if any of you are still wondering what to do after JMBR, I strongly recommend checking out the CXL program. If you have any questions, feel free to message me!!

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I have been tossing around the idea of doing Chalean Extreme after JMBR. My only concern right now is the cost. I have so many weddings, graduations and other events coming up that dropping that money is a tough decision! lol. But I think I might start saving my pennies. What size weights do you use?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I have a question! I quit JMBR after phase 2 because suddenly my body can't take the lunge chops etc. My hips and pelvis have been really causing me problems for the past month. Anyway are there a lot of lunges in CLX? What kind of "moves" does she do? Of course lunges are some of my favorite moves but I better stay away from them :wink:
    Glad you're loving it!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I think I'll try it out once I get closer to my goal and want to focus on toning.

How do you like the trainer for CLX? I'm kind of picky when it comes to trainers... I've tried Bob Harper's dvds and most of the firm dvds and I only like Jillian! I like someone who is tough, but likable.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm kind of with you on not wanting to do workouts 11 & 12 for 3 weeks. I plan on doing those 2 workouts for 2 weeks like the rest of the program was and doubt i'll do the 3rd week. I didn't realize we were so close together with the program. I'm planning on doing Jillian's Six Week Six pack next and if that doesn't cut it, I may go back to phase 2 and push the UP button. Or you may get a message from me asking you about Chalean's program...hehe. Keep up the great work darlin:smile:
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I have been tossing around the idea of doing Chalean Extreme after JMBR. My only concern right now is the cost. I have so many weddings, graduations and other events coming up that dropping that money is a tough decision! lol. But I think I might start saving my pennies. What size weights do you use?

The great thing about her program is that you can use any size weights which you consider heavy. She has adjustable ones but there's a lady in the video who's in her 60's and she uses the resistance band for all the moves. There's a girl in the DVD who's a beginning and uses light weights, like 5-10 lbs.

I've been using my husband's Power Blocks which are adjustable so I've been going between 10 and 50 lbs, depending on the moves. She really encourages you to go as heavy as you can and try to do 8-12 reps. You can go at your own pace.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I have a question! I quit JMBR after phase 2 because suddenly my body can't take the lunge chops etc. My hips and pelvis have been really causing me problems for the past month. Anyway are there a lot of lunges in CLX? What kind of "moves" does she do? Of course lunges are some of my favorite moves but I better stay away from them :wink:
    Glad you're loving it!

She does mostly squat moves but there are some lunge moves. She does have a girl on the DVD who modifies the moves to make it easier for beginners (and I'm assuming people who have difficulty with some of the moves). You can probably watch a sample of the DVD's on BeachBody.com and see for yourself if it's something you think you might like or not like.

No lunge chops so far in the Burn Phase. Mostly compound moves where you're working several muscle groups at a time. But what I really like is that all the moves are very very slow...so you're not rushing through the moves. And you never repeat the moves...once you've done the move, you're done for that day (unless she does it as a superset but even those aren't too bad).

It's a huge switch from Jillian's workouts but I like the change of pace!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I think I'll try it out once I get closer to my goal and want to focus on toning.

How do you like the trainer for CLX? I'm kind of picky when it comes to trainers... I've tried Bob Harper's dvds and most of the firm dvds and I only like Jillian! I like someone who is tough, but likable.

I love Chalean in the DVD's!! She's very encouraging and has a great attitude. She doesn't yell or scream or get up close to the camera like Jillian does. She's tough but in a more friendlier way, if that makes sense.

I think of her as the Bob Harper type more than the Jillian type...LOL!!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I do I hybrid I call Fire & Ice...it is a hybrid with Turbo Fire, Insanity and CLX. I just love this combination. And yes, I love, love, love CLX. I had been doing it too long and needed a break, which is why I did JMBR. Now I am getting ready to start my hybrid back.!!! So excited!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I do I hybrid I call Fire & Ice...it is a hybrid with Turbo Fire, Insanity and CLX. I just love this combination. And yes, I love, love, love CLX. I had been doing it too long and needed a break, which is why I did JMBR. Now I am getting ready to start my hybrid back.!!! So excited!!!

Wow, I'm impressed! I did just one Insanity workout a while back and thought I was gonna die!!!!

Let me know when you start back up with your hybrid so we can keep in touch with each other's progress!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options

What type of results did you see with this hybrid?
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the CLX proram....that's what I will be doing after JMBR. I am halfway through Phase 2....so I got some until I start CLX.
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Question....I have the TurboFire program, but how do I find out the hybrid schedule, do they include info on that with the program?