HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF TUMERIC?

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
BEFORE USING ........I USE TO EXPERIENCE VERY PAINFUL JOINTS....ESPECIALLY KNEES.....I must say I noticed ....PAIN GONE! I've been using Tumeric for years! I just love it when cooking, and at times I add it to my protein shake.!

TUMERIC:

Turmeric is a plant (Curcuma longa), native to South India and Indonesia that has many health benefits. The root been used from antiquity as a condiment in Asian cooking such as curries, as a textile dye, and medically as an aromatic stimulant. It is a common ingredient in Indian food, such as curry powder, and yellow mustard. An extract from turmeric root called curcumin has become quite popular with articles in major magazines and newspapers due to its various health benefits. Pure turmeric powder has a curcumin concentration of 3 percent by weight, however there are other beneficial substances in the powder. Extracts with a higher concentration of curcumin are available. There are estimates that people in India consume about 2 grams of turmeric a day which provides roughly 100 mg of curcumin. Some scientists think that the regular ingestion of this spice is partly to be credited for the reduced rate of Alzheimer's disease in India.
Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management. :smile:

13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.

SAFETY:

Turmeric can have some side effects. Some of the side effects noted during research include upset stomach, heartburn, gallbladder contraction, hair loss and weakened immune system. Turmeric may lower blood sugar, lower blood pressure, weaken the immune system, inhibit platelet coagulation, lower LDL cholesterol and raise HDL cholesterol, reports MedlinePlus. With this in mind people taking aspirin, anticoagulants, blood pressure lowering medications, cholesterol lowering medications or diabetic medications should use turmeric with caution. Turmeric may also interact with other medications and herbs, making it vital to talk to your doctor before using turmeric as a weight loss supplement.

Replies