Non Scale Victory for my new Primal Lifestyle!

Options
KBGirts
KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
I am a cyclist/triathlete, but I have not been on my bike in about 7 weeks. I've been exerzising, but not cycling. Last night was my first night back at my group ride. Used to, I would crave Coke by the end of my ride. About 3/4 of the way through I would starting thinking about Coke and how good it tastes and how awesome the "burn" of the carbonation feels. I could not wait to get off the bike and sit down at the Mexican restaurant with friends and down 20+ ounces of the stuff..... So good after a ride!!!! Other forms of exersize do not do this to me, but because the groups rides are long and intense, I have always craved Coke towards the end. I never really paid attention to the craving before, but.....

Last night, about 3/4 of the way through, I started thinking about how good it would taste and how refreshing going home and juicing some strawberries and blueberries would be. Maybe throw in a little pineapple. (I'm talking about the real thing, too.... not store bought juice) I didn't realize it at first, but after thinking about how yummy that would be, I remembered how I used to feel the same way about Coke. That's when it hit me!!!! I now crave healthy things to fuel and feed my body. It's like my body has adjusted to my new diet and actually craves the correct things now!!! I was so excited and I started thinking about the Coke.... it didn't seem as exciting as thinking about the fruit! YES!!!!!!!!!

Replies