Need Advice on BB

Options
FC25
FC25 Posts: 4 Member
Im sort of having trouble gaining muscle, where i used to be 230 pounds and went on a massive diet and now stand at 130 pounds. While losing fat i have lost alot of muscle in the process. I want to gain the muscle, but i fear of gaining the fat i worked so hard to keep off. any suggestions:? thanks

Replies

• ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    There's really no secret. If you wanna build muscle you have to consume a fairly large amount of protein, you have to eat more (clean) calories than you burn, and lift weights.
  • FC25
    FC25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yea thats been sort of a barrier for me, but i think its time to break it and begin a new journey. thanks for the advice and i hope things will fall into place.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Its hard to build lean muscle mass. Maybe try the anabolic diet?
  • AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    Yeah that's hard because you used to be overweight. I understand, and your body may gain weight far more easily than most of us, I would say add moderate clean calories, and keep up cardio while adding in heavier weight training, you can always reduce the calories, or add more cardio if the fat becomes an issue again, don't be scared, you can do it!!
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Increase your Calories, Carbs and Protein.

2500/150/150 (based off your 130lbs weight)

I would try this first. Use MPF of course and track your Food and a Notebook to track your Workouts. A Big thing is not to weight yourself. Go off the Mirror and only weigh yourself every two weeks.

Stick to these Macro's for a month. Then adjust as needed.
  • khanxa
    khanxa Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello everyone,

i am new to this group, i like to gain some weight and muscle mass i weigh 132lb and hight is 5ft 10 inch,
    so the macro below "Increase Calories, Carbs and Protein.

2500/150/150 (based off 130lbs weight)

will this work for me do you think

thanks for your help