Have patience - because it's working!!

Options
_Amy_Budd
_Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
I found this forum and started upping calories about 6 weeks ago, after months of plateauing, despite diligent calorie deficits and exercise. I will be honest - when my weight kept rising through these weeks of eating more to weigh less, it was discouraging. Even in the face of good news with the tape measure, it's frustrating to see that number on the scale continue to climb.

But I kept coming back to this forum, reading the stickies over and over, and the positive results from others here, and I decided to trust the math and the science and the logic behind it. Kept eating healthy foods at a 15-20% TDEE cut, and making sure to never net under my BMR. I got a Bodymedia Fit to make sure I was truly eating enough, and I tracked every data point faithfully on an Excel spreadsheet, so I could make sure I was following this plan without wavering.

And in the past week and a half I'm down 4.6 pounds!!! I'm still up about a pound from where I started, but all doubt about the long-term benefit of eating more to weigh less is gone.

So for those who are questioning, just hang in there!

:)
Amy

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You rock...also you look amazing! Its always inspiring to see someone who has lost 100+ lbs. I cannot wait for the day that I cross 100lbs lost
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    totally awesome! congrats and thanks for sharing the success.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, girl, you look fabulous. What a change! I just read your profile...great stuff in there. I'm a mom to boy/girl twins, too. :) Thanks for posting, keep up the great work.
    RROWR!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, and very encouraging to hear. I've begun that process and although I wasn't as diligent as I should have been while on vacation, I'm back at it now, and really am eager for results.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear...Start week 3 of the reset tomorrow..and going slightly insane... ;)

Ps...you are amazing! Rock it girl!
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! 100+ pounds lost is amazing! I love reading success stories, congrats!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wohoooo-love to hear that!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I just love reading posts like this!!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I started a month ago, and I'm down 6 pounds and a few inches :)
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Not that the scale is the end-all-be-all (since we all know it's subjective at best and an out-and-out liar at worst) - but I thought I should update this thread to report that as of this morning, I am now .2 pounds below my EM2WL start weight!! :)

So let me add my voice to the others here who have been saying so - this is the right math and science to get healthy without having to starve and destroy our metabolism.

:)
    Amy
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I hope others continue to share their stories. becuase when the weight starts to go back down its such an awesome feeling! :bigsmile:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I can't wait to have those types of results.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love reading those posts! Congrats!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • SweetSapphire
    SweetSapphire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback. It really helps to stay persistent on this journey being inspired by other people's successes. Well done - you look great by the way.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! So inspiring! Thanks for the feedback and so glad to hear it!! :bigsmile: