I am seriously afraid of this workout tonght!

Options
lostalykat
lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
For Time-
10 Handstand Pushups
20 Wall Balls @ 16/20 lbs
30 Knees to Elbows
40 Pushups
50 V-Ups
40 Pushups
30 Knees to Elbows
20 Wall Balls
10 Handstand Pushups

Anyone have any words of encouragement?

Replies

• kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good one! Are you scaling or rx-ing?
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Sounds excellent! What you might think about (and might make you feel better) is considering how your break things up. Like do the HSPUs in a couple sets or doing the K2E in several sets...and just figuring out how many sets or how big a set you'd be up to doing...you also want ot have it be something that'll have you back at it quick.
  • irishginger
    irishginger Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just curious....why that workout tonight? I haven't seen a WOD posted yet. Any info you can share wtih this newbee is appreciated :happy:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This is a workout that was posted for today at my crossfit gym. So this is the workout we are doing as a group. I am just a beginner, this is officially my 5th crossfit workout. I am sure my instructor will scale it down to my level of fitness. it is still scary.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I love the set up of it! At least once you get to the midpoint it's all down-hill from there! It'll end up being better than you think!
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A "chipper" is what our box calls it. Just work through each section separately and chip away at it. You've got this and be so proud of yourself when it's done. Good luck!
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!! all crossfit workouts.. well most look scary!! but thats the great thing about crossfit, after a few weeks you will have gathered most of the skills to be confident in the movements and you will know what the scales are off by heart and maybe even gone up a few!! So chillax and know that most of the time the hardest part is getting to the gym!! Your trainers want you to be there and will help you get through it and so know that they will not push you beyond your limits..
    Also there is nothing more epic than being scared of a wod then completing it with lots of time to spare.. cant beat that sense of accomplishment!!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I go into most WODs feeling afraid but they all end up OK. I've walked out thinking, "dang, I can't believe I did that." We practice the movements before the WOD and figure out what we need to do for scaling if necessary. As others have mentioned, break it down into manageable sets.