NROLFW - how do I pace myself?

Options
Papillon22
Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
Hi,
yesterday was my first workout (stage 1-workout 1) and I couldn't believe how fast it went (not that it was easy!). It took me maybe 20mins to do. How fast do you do the exercises? How do you know if you're doing them too fast or too slow? I'm so used to Chalene telling me to slow down! Thanks!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    It should take longer if you are following the prescribed amount of rest in between sets.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I did it yesterday. It took 46 minutes including about 6 min cardio warmup and 4 min cardio cool down. I didn't rush through anything and even had to twiddle around a bit because the gym was busy.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I just got home from the gym and it took me just over 35 minutes.
  • Papillon22
    Options
    thanks for your replies. I didn't count the warm up and cool down, so yes, about 30 mins total.
    I should say I'm doing it at home, so I set up every exercise before I start and then go from one to the next.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    It usually takes me about 25 minutes not including warm up/cool down. It does go quickly but you SO feel it the next day. :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There are about 10 minutes worth of rest periods through the whole workout..if you do the full 60 mins. I find it can take anywhere from 25-35 mins over those first 8 workouts.
    While he does say to take 60 seconds of rest, there is no law that says you have to. you can rest for 30 if you prefer.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Each level gets longer. Apparently the last levels can even go for 90mins or so including the intervals.
    But for these shorter ones i've tended to do them pretty quickly (not always waiting for the whole break, but sometimes having more of a break as it takes so long to change the weights around for the next exercise) but then go for either a run or a walk afterwards which really helps stretch out my muscles and stops me getting too sore the next day.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    should be around 25-40 minutes depends if you count a warmup.
  • Papillon22
    Options
    thanks, everyone! I certainly feel sore the day after!