Is EM2WL better...

Options
How is eating TDEE- 15% Better than setting the MFP setting to lose 1 lb. per week and eating exericse calories?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    How is eating TDEE- 15% Better than setting the MFP setting to lose 1 lb. per week and eating exericse calories?

I have found that if you set MFP to active (most people are active since they are working out 4-5 days a week), and 1lb per week weight loss, there minimum + exercise calories is pretty darn close to the Scooby calc.

However having a set TDEE target, without having to worry about the exact calorie count of a workout is easier for people to hit.

Most people dont accurately count their workout calories either.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    The MFP setting at 1#+exercise calories put me way under my BMR~
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    The MFP setting at 1#+exercise calories put me way under my BMR~

Did you set your activity level to active or sedentary?
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    I can't stick to my goal...??? even though it's 1600 I still go over. I do a lot of cardio. I eat around 2000 calories a lot of days!!! No bueno.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I have found that if you set MFP to active (most people are active since they are working out 4-5 days a week), and 1lb per week weight loss, there minimum + exercise calories is pretty darn close to the Scooby calc.

However having a set TDEE target, without having to worry about the exact calorie count of a workout is easier for people to hit.

Most people dont accurately count their workout calories either.

Also, eating at TDEE, you can be more consistent with reaching that number regardless of the day's activity. So if you have an off day and don't get that burn in, you still eat at TDEE. If your activity takes you lower than BMR, then you eat more.

As for post just above, if you are feeling hungry either you're underestimating your activity level, or you need to look at your ratios and make sure to eat more protein (preferably the solid kind since it takes your body longer to digest thus burns calories!)
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're kinda doing the EMTWL thing already. Just set your macros to 40 carb 30 protein and fats and set a consistent calorie goal (TDEE -15% recommended), and you're on the right track. Also watch your sodium and get your fiber in.