snacks and meals

Options
shreddin_mama
shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
So i try to eat 6 times a day. 3 meals and 3 snacks. Which is fine during the weekends when I'm not working. But i am finding when i work it's harder to eat as much. i bring snacks such as granola bars, fruit, sandwiches, and almonds. Easy foods since I'm always busy at work. (i go home to eat lunch) But at the end of the day i have all these calories still to eat . I am trying to break the habit of eating before bed. So my question is what do you snack on that is high in calories and healthy? Or any ideas on dividing my calories equal throughout the day.

Replies

• naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It is a challenge! Start with a bigger breakfast. For "snacks" I sometimes have a mini meal: hummus and veggies, eggs, nuts, yogurt and a fruit, leftover protein from the night before, low fat cheese, oatmeal, fruit with peanut butter. I always try to have a solid protein of some kind though several people have protein shakes too (personally, I wouldn't have it more than once a day cause your body gets other benefits from the solid kind). I try to split my cals equally at each meal.

My diary is open if you wish to check it out. My water is my weakness (though i did better today) so please don't judge.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with all bran buds
    almonds
    peanut butter one fruit
    protein bar
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I second bigger breakfasts. Also try nuts, yogurt w granola (depending on your carb goals), avacado and meat w a little hummus or balsamic dressing.

If you need a little something, try Lara bars - they are all natural, 5 ingred or less and the tasty p es are like 220 cals. Try the ones w chocolate. Yummy
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Funny, I had the opposite problem. I work a desk job so it's super easy to eat all my meals and snacks. I had a hard time on the weekend when I was out and about. I packed some stuff in my purse like nuts and the protein balls I made (almond butter, vanilla protein powder, and honey) and munched on those while I was out!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Thanks! alot of great advice. i love luna bars i just run out of them too fast!
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    Options
    I have the same snacks/food pretty much every day, you're welcome to check out my diary if you'd like! I find that if I'm getting low on cals, the easiest thing to do is to add whole grain starches (bread/pasta/rice) and/or peanut butter. If I get to my afternoon snack and I'm pretty low on cals for the day, I'll have a half a peanut butter sandwich and it usually fixes it. I also drink a pretty high cal protein smoothie at least once/day, more when I work as I'm a waitress and can't stop to eat, and that helps too. My protein smoothie is around 370 cals, 35g protein, and delicious! I use 1/2c plain greek yogurt, 1/2c nonfat milk, 2T peanut butter, 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 3/4 cup of oatmeal, cooked, and blend that with around a cup of ice. That recipe makes 2 smoothies, and they're super filling, plenty of cals and protein:)