How to get back on track after blow out weekend

Options
goldengirl28
goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
Morning all, (well its morning her in the UK)

We had a 4 day weekend this weekend to celebrate the jubilee, so i've had a little more than i would have liked.

Saturday, tracked really well (2 glasses wine) and came in on cal goal (drank 4 litres water)
Sunday, went out for dinner and some drinks, went over cals by about 400 (tracked it all) (short on my fluids today)
Monday, BBQ at our house, went over cals by 250 (1 litre short on fluids)
Tuesday weighted in and tried to get back on track (59cals over)

Exercise, very little (I'm a sedentary anyway) but running round after kids and sorting bbq etc.

Yesterday got weighted and scales up 1.4lb............................now i know this isn't true weight gain so i just want to make sure
i'm doing the right things to get back on track.

1. get fluids back to 4 litres (Thats what my body likes)
2. stick to my cut number of 1688 (Or should i try to compensate for the excesses above)
3. no alcohol
4. get my protein macro each day
5. cut back on sodium.

Am i doing the right things to get back on track? i thought so but had a crisis of confidence overnight that i was maybe supposed to cut back to net my weekly intake. (Does that make sense?)

Any other tips as i really want to be doing this right and i'm sure it won't be the only weekend that i have events that i need to get back on track from.

thanks folks :)

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The jubilee was nice, wasn't it. I think the Queen rocks even after 60 years lol

I would not worry too much about going over a bit.

Just get back to your normal routine, make sure you drink plenty (but be careful 4 l is quite a bit and you can mess up your electrolytes if you drink too much, which can give you palpitations, seizures and all kind of not so niche things) and get back to your exercise.

I will be out of my routine for the next few days, due to my mom being here from Austria:) But I will just enjoy the days. I don't even bother to logg I think ;)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Morning all, (well its morning her in the UK)

We had a 4 day weekend this weekend to celebrate the jubilee, so i've had a little more than i would have liked.

Saturday, tracked really well (2 glasses wine) and came in on cal goal (drank 4 litres water)
    Sunday, went out for dinner and some drinks, went over cals by about 400 (tracked it all) (short on my fluids today)
    Monday, BBQ at our house, went over cals by 250 (1 litre short on fluids)
    Tuesday weighted in and tried to get back on track (59cals over)

Exercise, very little (I'm a sedentary anyway) but running round after kids and sorting bbq etc.

Yesterday got weighted and scales up 1.4lb............................now i know this isn't true weight gain so i just want to make sure
    i'm doing the right things to get back on track.

1. get fluids back to 4 litres (Thats what my body likes)
    2. stick to my cut number of 1688 (Or should i try to compensate for the excesses above)
    3. no alcohol
    4. get my protein macro each day
    5. cut back on sodium.

Am i doing the right things to get back on track? i thought so but had a crisis of confidence overnight that i was maybe supposed to cut back to net my weekly intake. (Does that make sense?)

Any other tips as i really want to be doing this right and i'm sure it won't be the only weekend that i have events that i need to get back on track from.

thanks folks :)

Remember this is a journey you have to "live" throug. So stick to your cut, drink water, and remember today is anew day:flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think your plan sounds great, and I also think you didn'\t go over by too much.

I had two days of over eating this weekend. I was up 3 lbs at one point. I got back on track on Monday and now I am down those 3 lbs plus another 1.4!
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    I think your plan sounds great, and I also think you didn'\t go over by too much.

I had two days of over eating this weekend. I was up 3 lbs at one point. I got back on track on Monday and now I am down those 3 lbs plus another 1.4!

thats great, i bet your so thrilled, i hope i'm as successful as you :)

Thanks for you reassurance
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    Remember this is a journey you have to "live" throug. So stick to your cut, drink water, and remember today is anew day:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thanks Lucia :)