Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I LUUUUUUB IT!!
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Used mine all day yesterday for the first time. I went grocery shopping and did some house work but no workout and I burned 2545 calories. I never did hit the vigorous range but did physical activity for 2hrs and 35minutes. I was wondering if anyone has found a better way to wear it during strength days so that it picks up the calories burned better? I have read where others have put it on their calf during bike riding to have it be more accurate was just wondering if someone had come up with a trick. I did find it made me want to not sit down all day. When I would sit down I would think I want to burn more and then get back up and find something else to do not strenuous just another load of laundry or something like that. Any one else find this to be the case?
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love mine and a gal on my "friends list" showed me how to get MFP numbers to correlate with my BMF numbers. This is what I do...it might seem complicated but it works for me!

For example yesterday:
    BMF burn: 2346
    Calories consumed: 1949
    Calories on MFP goal: 1947
    Calories burned per HRM doing C25K W5D3: 231

BMF burn-Calories MFP goal=399
    399-HRM burned=168

I take 168 and add it to my exercise from yesterday (1 minute burning 168 calories per BMF)=399, this makes my green number on MFP=my calorie deficit on my BMF which =347

I use my HRM for all my extra activities (planned cardio and strength training sessions). It just works for me.

Hope this makes sense.

Oh and I used this link to finally get my TDEE and what I should be consuming: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE

Kind of puts it all in one place on a spreadsheet. I also check my average TDEE on my BMF every couple of weeks and change my goals from there...