hey banders! Holiday is Over time to move

Options
Holiday is over! I have my appointment with Anitra next week! the weeks fly by when you are too busy. so I have to really put in the effort this week/weekend.

Replies

• julie080571
    Options
    Hi! I'm new on here but I'm a little over a year with my lapband. Just received a fill 2 weeks ago but I think my biggest problem might be 'grazing' on foods so I'm hoping the accountability of recording my food will help also. How long have you had your band?
  • rebekah1230
    Options
    I have been banded for 3 years, I think? Its hard to remember. I'm going very slow and I constantly have set backs. I work full time, managing a pharmacy, I'm a mom of two active boys. I hate driving into Atlanta traffic to my appointment. but I keep trying. Grazing is difficulty. It sometimes doesn't seem like my band works like it is supposed to. It is either to difficult to eat. I immediately feel stuck, but then when I feel like I'm eating ok. its like I can eat too much, or more than I should. Grazing definitely doesn't help. I'm going in to my appointment today, wish me luck!
  • rebekah1230
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs from last visit but lost two inches in my hips. So hopefully it's water and muscle. I will think positively about it.
  • julie080571
    Options
    Congrats! I think it would definitely be muscle weight since you lost two inches. I definitely understand wondering sometimes if it is working correctly, I also have days when it's difficult and then days when it seems anything will go down. I think maybe I'm just now maybe at my 'sweet spot' after my last fill two weeks ago, but will have to see if it seems to loosen up too much again. I also work full time at the Veterans Administration and with the long hours, it's difficult to find time for follow up appointments and I never go to evening support groups. I have to remind myself often that I knew the loss would be slower than gastric by-pass surgery when I chose the band and I am still happy with my choice. I feel the by-pass surgery would have been much too invasive for me and too much of a risk to my health.