Looking for some Runner friends!

Options
Colbyandsage
Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Michelle. I live in western PA. I have been trying to run for about a year, I had a bit of a set back last June but I finally feel like I am getting the hang of this running thing. Finally have this plantar healing up and am up to 4 miles as my longest run (don't laugh, I am still a newbie)

Anyway, I am training for a half in Novemeber with my brother and need some friends that will actively support me as I increase my mileage every week. I like to keep my friend list smaller so I can motivate my friends as well. I am almost to my goal weight since I have almost lost 20 pounds so I am hoping to find some folks that are on maintence and log. I find it hard to eat all my calories back and will need help with good foods that are high calorie.

I would like to get my long runs to 10 miles before I change up my course to hills more. I know I have time but I have a heart condition so I am cautious in my training and increasing a few miles per week. I really want to do the half maybe even a full (still debating since I want to keep running fun).

So if you are a runner, active on MFP, and support friends, send me a request.

Replies

• nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! I'm sending you a request right now. I'm currently at maintenance and also training for my first half in November. I always welcome running friends. Actually, the vast majority of my friends are runners :)
  • Nina9925
    Nina9925 Posts: 33
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I run (recently completed my third half marathon) and will be switching to maintenance soon. This summer I am looking to increase speed over distance and tone up, my workout plan is circuit training three days a week plus three runs (easy, speedwork and a longer run)... always looking for more runner friends, especially ones on or near maintenance as I start thinking about that transition!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been running for 2 years and currently training for my 4th half. I also had a set back, not injury related,just lack of motivation, but I'm back at it.
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me I've competed 2 halfs and I am training for a full marathon in the fall. I am not a speed demon at my age but I will complete the full this year!
  • jocamaria
    jocamaria Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle. I'm also a newbie. My longest has been 5 miles. I've run one 5K and another one this Sunday. I'm running a 10K in October. I'm looking to increase mileage also, and would love to talk to a newbie and get additional support from more experienced runners.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, feel free to add me, I'm a runner and training for my first half marathon in October.
  • RedRelish
    RedRelish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle! Feel free to add me if you want, I'm a runner currently training for my first half marathon (coming up later this month already!), and I would love to make some runner friends so we can motivate each other!

Oh yeah, my name is Michelle too :tongue:
  • scottishlass
    scottishlass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi michele, add me too if you want
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hi. you can add me if you like. i've been running for 18 months ish, have run 5 halves and a full.

i've recently hit a bit of a slump in motivation following my full 6 weeks ago, and i'm trying to haul my *kitten* out of it! i've got a full in oct, and a variety of halves and other runs along the way. i'm really slow, and still 40lbs overweight. but i'll get there :-), i did every other time! i'm also trying to get over plantar fasciitis, which i'm finding a bit of a struggle. but i feel like i've 'recovered' and procrastinated for long enough.

feel free to add away.
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    Hi, I am Heather.
    I am sending a request your way.
    I have ran in a 5k, a 10k, and a half marathon last year.
    I'm back to running and am currently training for my first full marathon in Oct.

And any of y'all feel free to add me.
    I could use more runner friends.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Hey, I probably run 3-4 times a week depending on weather then I ride. Completed a full and did my first 1/2 a couple of weeks ago. 1/2 marathons will be my long distance of choice as my knees can't hold up to the training of a full any more.

Feel free to add me as a male member of the runner nation.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am a runner, any of you feel free to add me.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi! I run 3-4 times a week - started last year with Couch to 5K. Just ran my first 10-mile race today! I'm maintaining but don't log food. However I do log exercise and support people. Feel free to add if you like (that goes for any of you runners!) :flowerforyou:
    F4
  • shan_welch
    shan_welch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey I ran my first half marathon last year and am running my first full marathon in October, would love some more runner friends :)