Anyone starting this month (June 2012)?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
I am! Will hopefully do my first day tomorrow (Thursday) and I'm finishing up insanity too! going to be my last few workouts of insanity and I want to step into something new. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Who else wants to start in June?

Replies

• Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    I started last week and this morning, I did Week 2 Day 2, so far so good, I really like how it eases you into it. :)

And each time I am finished I feel great!
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W2D2 tonight, it's a great program!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i like the easing into it factor too. i have done high intensity interval training but never for more than 3 minutes at a time on teh higher intensities. i like how this will ease me into running a full 5k instead of pushing it to the max right away.
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm on W2D3. It really works. Used it several years ago and ran 2 5K's and one 10K. Unfortunately, I became sedentary and the weight came back. But this time I want to complete a marathon. Good Luck!
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am on W1D2 today...Good Luck!!!
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi all! i started 3 days ago! Feel free to add me for mutual support! I am a daily user! :)
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started this morning. I can't wait to run my first 5K.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 2, Day 2 this morning. I never thought in a million years I could be a runner but I'm doing it and it's not even that hard. Definitely loving it. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • TChelleD
    TChelleD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Working on week 1. Did Wk1 D2 tonight. Found that tonights run we easier than Mondays. Cant wait to finish this and run my first 5K :)
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me! I am hoping to start this tonight although the weather here is supposed to be awful (rain) so I might hang on until monday....But definitely going to start ASAP!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I NEED to do W1D2 tonight. Last night I studied. Tonight I'm running lol
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hi all
    I'm new to this group and i'm going to start this tonight....just got the app on my phone :)

Anyway feel free to add me i have never even thought about jogging before so im excited and scared at the same time

And question....this is only 3 days a week can i walk at a slow pace the other days since i want to start exercising at least 1/2 hour every night or do i have to do full recovery for my muscles?
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting W1 D1 today. I have tried this program before but didn't get very far as I injured my knee. I SO want to finish this program and be able to run. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate and support each other through this journey. :)
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    And question....this is only 3 days a week can i walk at a slow pace the other days since i want to start exercising at least 1/2 hour every night or do i have to do full recovery for my muscles?

I would just listen to your body- I tried walking one evening then did W1D2 the next morning- VERY painful to me....maybe not to others- I think once my body gets over the shock of exercising regularly and I build up more stamina I will try adding things in the off days- weight training or stretching with some walking built in.
  • ClareWhittaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I started C25K last week and I am really enjoying it so far. It seems to be a great way of getting people running. I'm doing it on a treadmill though as I'm too self conscious to run in public at the moment as I'm a fairly big girl!

I have woken up with a really achy back today but it is my rest day so hopefully I'll be ready to go again tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone doing it. Please feel free to add me if you like :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Me!

I will be doing w1d3 tomorrow! I can't wait!
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I completed w1d2 just a few hours ago!
  • fattytofittnesschick
    Options
    I'm going to start on Monday and I am kind of scared...I have never been a runner mainly becaue I have asthma.
    I can't keep using my asthma as an excuse not to get fit. I shall see how this goes =]
  • Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one, but I'm really worried I won't be able to keep up once the jogging time kicks up so I'm thinking of redoing week one and jogging mon-fri morning instead of just 3 days to make sure I can keep up. Has anyone here found if the progression is too fast? Or have most of you been able to keep up?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 2 day 1. I'm training for a 5 k in July. It'll be scary because last year it was 90 degrees. I didn't have the endurance last year. But I'm going to do it no matter what this year.