New to this and need some buddies!

Options
patty43ck
patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
Hi everyone! I have started on this plan this week. I am in my second week of lifting and I probably had my first full eating day today. I just got back from grocery store with healthy snacks and meals planned for rest of week. Even picked up some whey protein powder for those after work-out shakes. I am so pumped! I am scared that it won't work for me because I have tried so many other things but am hopeful after reading all the posts in this group that it will. My stats are below.

CW: 179
Height: 5'6"
GS: Would like to get in size 6 again and look good in a bathing suit!! (don't care about weight)
BMR: 1531
TDEE: 2373 - 15% cut = 2017

Is there a website I can go to for meal plan ideas? I think with being Hypothyroid I am more sensitive to carbs so I did a 40/30/30 spread with my 40 being protein.

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    If you go to the scooby site and plug in your numbers under fitness tools, it will break down your macros to give you an idea of how much to eat for each one.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/

I'm eating at my TDEE for the reset, feel free to check out my diary...today's was pretty good!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty! You can definitely add me as a friend. (We have pretty similar info: I'm 42, 5'7", 181... :) )

It's sweet to hear how focused and positive you are. That will take you far.

- Heidi
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Welcome ... feel free to add me ... always good having friends in same boat!

:flowerforyou:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome!
    Feel free to add me too, friends that EMTWL always welcome! :bigsmile:
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    add me, I'm about 15 days into this, so still trying to find my way :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group

Feel free to add me as well :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me too!! I've been EMTWLing for about a month now and feel great! I always love having new friends who aren't starving themselves. :)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm also 43, ok for only 3 more weeks, 5' 5.5". Pretty close to your stats, I've been here for over a month and loving it!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi I'm always happy to have more em2wl friends, feel free to add & my diary is open : )
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I have been on em2wl since March 20. I am your age, too. :)
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you like :)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!! Feel free to add me too!! :-)
  • saraoverbeck
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well! It will be nice having friends on here that know what I'm talking about and can answer my questions- LoL!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to the group! Feel free to add me if you like!

BTW, I'm also hypothyroid and I've had no problems so far. I've had my macros at 40 (carbs), 30, 30 and so far, so good!
  • jwilds1010
    jwilds1010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome! I am also new to this, about a week in. Love it Love it Love it!!!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm about a week in and still trying to figure it all out!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Still trying to figure out what to do! Feel free to add me!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) On week 3 of the reset :)
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me--always have room for another EM2WL buddy!