D2 L1: How you feeling?

Options
I am sore this morning but as I started moving and loosened up, I started hurting less. I'm sure it will set back in though. I ate two bananas this morning for the potassium LOL.

I did not get to finish Circuit 3 today due to a crying baby and my mom showing up to visit. I was almost done with the strength portion of it though so I feel accomplished.

Replies

• SaucyPeas
    SaucyPeas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sore this morning too. I'm looking forward to my work out this today!
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    just finished, wanted to know if anyone is feeling extra soreness in their calves muscles?

lol @ ghata, being excited for it...my only motivation was to do this before my husband gets home! it was so hard to get up for this.... but im glad i got through it...with only 1 pause this time!

@ misanthropeki, noobing here, but what does the potassium do?
  • BridgettBZ
    BridgettBZ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My calves hurt the most!! Those damn jumping jacks and jump robes... feels like my calves are being torn apart lol.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    just finished, wanted to know if anyone is feeling extra soreness in their calves muscles?

lol @ ghata, being excited for it...my only motivation was to do this before my husband gets home! it was so hard to get up for this.... but im glad i got through it...with only 1 pause this time!

@ misanthropeki, noobing here, but what does the potassium do?

I'm a newbie too but I've always heard that potassium is good for muscle soreness.
  • SaucyPeas
    SaucyPeas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Haha...My ex and I are still living together so I like to do the Just Dance in front of him while he's playing on the computer. I find it amusing to turn around and see him staring at me while Im doing some sexy move..haha. Its like a big F U! hahahahaha. So I cant wait to do the jumping jacks while he's here..hahahaha.
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep, calf pain here too, I'm just about to do day 2 and psyched after my weigh in but I imagine the next 25 minutes will kill me!

My hrm arrived today and I'm still trying to test it out so I will see what cals it says I burn after the workout.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    All of my pain is up in my arms like behind my boobs and over towards my armpits, so I guess my pecs. There's a little soreness in my thighs but not much. Surprisingly, my abs don't hurt at all.
  • MisanthropeKitty
    Options
    Yep, calf pain here too, I'm just about to do day 2 and psyched after my weigh in but I imagine the next 25 minutes will kill me!

My hrm arrived today and I'm still trying to test it out so I will see what cals it says I burn after the workout.

I see everyone referring to heart rate monitors, how exactly do they work? Do you wear them during your workout like a pedometer and it gauges how many calories you are burning?
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    All of my pain is up in my arms like behind my boobs and over towards my armpits, so I guess my pecs. There's a little soreness in my thighs but not much. Surprisingly, my abs don't hurt at all.

I must admit, i only want my abs to hurt! haha, well you know what i mean

thanks @ banana tip
  • jynnantonnyk
    Options
    The one I bought has a chest strap thing that your wear around you, just under your boobs and it has two sensors which pick up your heartbeat and transmit the info to a watch on your wrist.

When you set it up, you input your weight etc and it works out from there based on when and how long your heart rate is elevated, how much calories the workout has burned.

This is my first one so I'm still getting to grips with it. I've been dead three times so far...
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I HATE THOSE BUTT KICKS, JUMPING JACKS, THANK GOD THERES A MINI COOL DOWN RIGHT AFTER..OPPS CAPS X 28 days to go peeps yay
  • paperstars
    paperstars Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having a problem with pain in the soles of their feet? The first day I did it barefoot and figured that was the problem, but I'm still getting it! I'm doing day 4 today, so the soreness in the rest of my body is a lot less, but I feel like I've walked 5 miles in heels!

Also, the punches are my favorite part haha. Very cathartic.
  • jynnantonnyk
    Options
    Is anyone else having a problem with pain in the soles of their feet? The first day I did it barefoot and figured that was the problem, but I'm still getting it! I'm doing day 4 today, so the soreness in the rest of my body is a lot less, but I feel like I've walked 5 miles in heels!

Also, the punches are my favorite part haha. Very cathartic.

I have a problem in my right sole so it did feel a bit tender afterwards but no lasting pain on the left. The skipping seemed to hurt more when I followed the beginner so I did bigger jumps and it felt a little better.

Day 2 not as painful as I imagined. I will probably be in agony again tomorrow lol

It's all worth it! Keep it moving, people!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Done. My pecs and calves are a little sore, but not too terrible. I have a hard time getting started, and an easier time at the end. I can barely keep up with the Jump Rope in the first circuit, but can do the last 30 seconds no problem. I guess I am just more warmed up. But, I felt really good after.

I will tell you that I call JM every name in the book while doing the workout. "Stupid *kitten*" was a favorite today. And I flip her the bird quite a bit.
  • JaneFinnigan
    JaneFinnigan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My right calf is a lot more sore than than my left -- I wonder what could cause that imbalance? The right one feels ready to snap!
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    I was sore this morning but nothing too bad.

I was actually going to skip today because I'm ill but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway and take it easy if I needed to. I did ease off a bit, the cardio was bugging my cough so I kinda of jogged in place for it mostly and there was a big difference in calorie burn per my HRM because of it- about 100 less than yesterday!

Anyway, I'm coughing a bit more now but I'm really happy I did it.
  • avelline
    avelline Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hurt everywhere. But it's a good hurt. haha. :) My legs may fall off tomorrow.
  • paperstars
    paperstars Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4 (sorry I'm a bit ahead of you all, hope it's no issue!) and my legs actually don't feel like they're going to fall off this time! I am definitely feeling a difference in endurance, which is exactly what I'm after.
  • fquatella
    fquatella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im feeling pretty good about myself today for completing it. I was out of breath and im a little sore.:happy:
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    ok day 3 and ive woken up and feel like ive run a marathon..although bizarrely i clocked a look in the mirror and thought umm i look different measured my waist at the fullest part 3 times and ive lost 2 inches!? how can that have happened already? The only thing i can think of is pre af bloating and excerise has helped disperse it? either way a dubious wooh hoo